Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Post pesach diet support group- who's in?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother
Bellflower

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 9:42 am
Chizuk for all.

I'm trying to start by being semi aware of how much I'm eating, and getting back into walking.
I made split pea soup yesterday, (no barley, just veg, split peas, and spices) and once I was at it, cut up extra veg to use in future soup. Froze those.

I already dropped2.5 lbs. That was put on by pesach.

I have 25-35 lbs to lose to be a good weight.

I put on so much weight recently (30 lbs in 3 years?!) That dh has Been commenting Sad
And I don't fit into clothes I bought two years ago Sad
(No pregnancy for the last few years, so I don't have that excuse)

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 11:01 am
amother Bellflower wrote:
Chizuk for all.

I'm trying to start by being semi aware of how much I'm eating, and getting back into walking.
I made split pea soup yesterday, (no barley, just veg, split peas, and spices) and once I was at it, cut up extra veg to use in future soup. Froze those.

I put on so much weight recently (30 lbs in 3 years?!) That dh has Been commenting Sad
(No pregnancy for the last few years, so I don't have that excuse)

To make you feel better I put up 60 pounds in less then a year and don’t fit into clothes I bought a few months ago
No pregnancies
I thank hashem with all my heart that my husband doesn’t comment because it’s hard enough for me as is

amother
Natural

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 11:19 am
I have lost one pound since Pesach, fine, but if I want to lose till shevuos 7-10lb. I need to be more vigilant in avoiding those extras. I guess I need to be stronger with myself, aka no chips-as-soup condiments because then it went to too many.

BmoreBubby

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 12:41 pm
I'm in the same boat, but not for a diet - dieting doesn't work! Meaning, it's really bad for your body to gain and lose large amounts of weight over and over. Better to make permanent changes to your food, movement and sleep that will promote good health (including healthy weight) forever.

So full disclosure - my husband does a lot of teaching on "Torah health" and even wrote a book about it (not weight loss per se, but it does contain a chapter about it) and a random person came up to him on Sunday and said, "Your book is amazing, I gave a copy to my brother and he is following it and has lost 40 pounds!"

I'm personally honestly tired of hearing about it because he's been on this bandwagon for years and I feel like I've heard it all, but it really is effective. As I said, it isn't about weight loss, it's about health. But numerous people have found if they follow it, they do lose weight, as well as achieving other health improvements.

My husband actually doesn't even make money off the book or project, he wrote and published it as a non-profit project for Klal Yisroel. It's about living healthfully every day in many ways - food, exercise, sleep, etc. and it seems like people who do this actually do lose weight.

He set up a website with free resources on all of these topics, TorahHealth.org.

I hope that's helpful to someone here. Just writing about it has helped me remember what I need to do myself!

BmoreBubby

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 12:43 pm
amother Cyan wrote:
To make you feel better I put up 60 pounds in less then a year and don’t fit into clothes I bought a few months ago
No pregnancies
I thank hashem with all my heart that my husband doesn’t comment because it’s hard enough for me as is

Oh, I really feel for you. I didn't gain as much as you, but I did gain and same thing with my husband. But I want to please him and am working on it. The good news is that you can fix this. If you gained it, you can lose it. The bad news is that it probably requires actually banishing certain foods from your life or at least from your house.

Brownie Bar

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 2:45 pm
[quote="amother Bellflower"]Chizuk for all.

(No pregnancy for the last few years, so I don't have that excuse)[/quote

Thank you for making me feel I'm not alone. I gained so much weight since my last pregnancy and I want to get it off so badly! I want to look and feel good! I'm trying hard to exercise every day now and stop the sweets and cake.

amother
Bellflower

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 7:54 pm
amother Navyblue wrote:
I've been enjoying this https://613tube.com/watch/?v=7klsNuZbOqY

Thank you!
This is great because its a man so it's tzniusdik and I can do it in front of my DH or boys

amother
DarkOrange

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 8:39 pm
I've gained 44 kg since I got married. I know what I have to do. It's just a matter of doing it.
Drinking 2 litres a day
3 meals
2 snacks
No eating after 8pm
Etc etc

amother
NeonBlue

Post Thu, May 09 2024, 8:02 am
Losing weight requires tons of self motivation. In our heads. We need to decide we want to do this. We need to want it so badly and remember once on your lips forever on your hips! We need to be so disciplined and organized! We need to drink water and have loads of healthy options. We need to plan ahead. We need loads of determination. We need to not starve because we will eventually give in to temptation and starvation. It's not easy for most people. It's a problem for most people as we get older and have more kids. But we can do it! Just 10 pounds at a time. Slowly slowly. We can't give up so quickly.

BmoreBubby

Post Thu, May 09 2024, 11:17 am
amother NeonBlue wrote:
Losing weight requires tons of self motivation. In our heads. We need to decide we want to do this. We need to want it so badly and remember once on your lips forever on your hips! We need to be so disciplined and organized! We need to drink water and have loads of healthy options. We need to plan ahead. We need loads of determination. We need to not starve because we will eventually give in to temptation and starvation. It's not easy for most people. It's a problem for most people as we get older and have more kids. But we can do it! Just 10 pounds at a time. Slowly slowly. We can't give up so quickly.

I agree with this. I would just add that the reason dieting doesn't work is because dieting means temporary. Permanent weight loss comes from permanent changes in the way (and what) we eat. For example soda. Everyone knows that soda isn't healthy. So why do we drink it? Because it tastes good. Who wants to give that up? Well, if I say, "for 1 week I'm going to limit myself to 2 sips of soda per day and then toss the rest out, in that way I'm not totally depriving myself but I'm also reducing a huge amount of the excess calories.

amother
NeonBlue

Post Fri, May 10 2024, 12:08 am
I'd rather banish soda for now. I know diet sodas aren't healthy but to help get into the diet mode and cut out soda, I'd drink fresca. I don't think some diet soda is all that bad. But anyhow. I'd rather have 1/2 cup soda on shabbos than having 2 sips a day personally. One diet book I read said to box in certain healthy food and box out other foods. For example, once I have a piece of chocolate cake or milk chocolate for that matter, the sugar is in my blood and I want more. So today I won't eat chocolate cake. I won't say I won't eat it ever again although once I start I have a hard time stopping. One day I'll have cake just not today.

amother
Copper

Post Fri, May 10 2024, 12:35 am
Can I join this group if I'm taking wegovy? Or is it only for natural weight loss?

amother
Natural

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 6:58 pm
Permission given...

up to week down with another lb. B''H.

hoping to continue eating healthy, (and losing weight)

BmoreBubby

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 11:04 am
amother Natural wrote:
Permission given...

up to week down with another lb. B''H.

hoping to continue eating healthy, (and losing weight)

YEAH!

amother
Midnight

Post Fri, May 17 2024, 6:57 pm
A little late to the party but I'm in. I weigh myself Wednesdays. Isru chag I was 123. Last week Wednesday I was 121, but this week I was the same 121. Hoping to be 119 by next week. My goal is 116 by Shavuos. (My "natural weight" is 115 but I'm 10 months postpartum)
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise