Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Wearing stockings but want to exercise
Previous  1  2  3

chocolate moose

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 8:55 pm
Comptroller wrote:
? Let's unite and replace them by comfortable cotton leggings or the kind of trousers the pakistani women wear under their shalwar kameez!

I wear pj pants under my skirt around the house and sometimes on weekends. it's definitely comfortable!

zaq

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 9:27 pm
Wear thick cotton sport socks over your stockings. Businesswomen did this wearing athletic shoes with business suits while commuting in the 1980s. They would switch to pumps when they got to the office.

zaq

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 9:37 pm
amother OP wrote:
I literally said it’s not an option. I can’t wear leggings to work

Why can't you don leggings over your stockings in the ladies' room before you go walking, and remove the leggings when you return? What you wear on your break is your own business, not your employer's. But, frankly, I think the cotton-socks-over-stockings is the best solution.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 9:43 pm
zaq wrote:
Why can't you don leggings over your stockings in the ladies' room before you go walking, and remove the leggings when you return? What you wear on your break is your own business, not your employer's. But, frankly, I think the cotton-socks-over-stockings is the best solution.

It’s super uncomfortable, gonna be so hot in 2 layers. Ya I’ll do the socks…

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 9:44 pm
Rabbit613 wrote:
I put my stockings on and off a gew times a day. They make me so uncomfortable. Every time I come home I take them off and when I go out I put them on again.

Andy they don’t rip?

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 9:45 pm
amother Hunter wrote:
Hi OP I also go walking for exercise on my break. I brought myself cute trendy sneakers and I wear them with socks and long skirts.. so many cute maxi skirts these days they aren’t hard to find.. some denim, some printed. Some solid. I wear with a tee shirt tucked in

Thanks. I do hope to get long skirts next year. This year all my skirts are short

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 9:45 pm
Comptroller wrote:
I seriously think we should launch a revolution against stockings.

If everyone finds them uncomfortable (myself included), why are we doing this to ourselves? Let's unite and replace them by comfortable cotton leggings or the kind of trousers the pakistani women wear under their shalwar kameez!

In many communities it’s a Tznius thing

amother
Watermelon

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 10:09 pm
amother OP wrote:
I didn’t say that. Leggings are not dressed up enough for work. I wear them at home

They are dressed up if they’re thin ( think footless tights), and worn with dressy booties. Thats what I do and it works nine months out of the year for me. Thin leggings (looks like tights), white cotton ankle socks on my feet, and booties that come up higher than the socks. Kick them off in my lunch break and switch over to sneakers. And back on the booties go when I’m back from my walk. Easy peasy and I’m always comfortable.

I don’t wear booties in the summer months of course, but then it’s too hot to walk anyways lol

amother
Watermelon

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 10:13 pm
amother OP wrote:
I didn’t say that. Leggings are not dressed up enough for work. I wear them at home

Delete double post

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 10:37 pm
amother Watermelon wrote:
They are dressed up if they’re thin ( think footless tights), and worn with dressy booties. Thats what I do and it works nine months out of the year for me. Thin leggings (looks like tights), white cotton ankle socks on my feet, and booties that come up higher than the socks. Kick them off in my lunch break and switch over to sneakers. And back on the booties go when I’m back from my walk. Easy peasy and I’m always comfortable.

I don’t wear booties in the summer months of course, but then it’s too hot to walk anyways lol

So I’m taking about in the spring/summer. I can’t wear booties then

Comptroller

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 12:12 am
AlwaysCleaning wrote:
So start the trend. Personally I like the look of stockings vs. leggings
To each their own.

I have not worn stockings for years.

I wear either leggings (in winter) or knee hights with a long skirt (in summer).

So I personally have started the revolution. Now all you have to do is follow me. However, I am used to being a very, very early adopter and it often takes years, if not decades, until my trend becomes mainstream.

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 1:51 am
amother Watermelon wrote:

You can technically do this with combat boots or other high sneakers.

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 3:40 am
I wear longer skirts, shorts underneath and crew socks with sneakers I haven't worn stockings/pantyhose to work in a very long time they tear quickly and it's money in the garbage. In the winter it's the same but with leggings. Nobody knows what I am wearing underneath.

My dd wears pantyhose everyday and it's very expensive I recently gave her knee highs to wear instead for during the week to save $$$ and she wears shorts with them.

As long as your skirts are longer then you are good to go no need for stockints/pantyhose/knee highs.

Comptroller

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 5:55 am
amother OP wrote:
In many communities it’s a Tznius thing

How is wearing cotton leggins and socks less tznius than wearing nylon stockings?

How is it more tznius to wear "short" skirts (your words) with nylon stockings than a pakistani style shalwar kameez (tunique that goes over the knees) with cotton or linnen trousers under it?

amother
Dill

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 6:27 am
I do this I keep sneakers and socks in my car during my break go to my car put socks over my stockings and walk. Is it as comfortable as leggings nope but its the only solution I have for getting a quick walk in otherwise it would never happen. I used to wear shorts over ky stockings but I found it annoying for rest of the day and to change and unchange was annoying to so now just skip it.

amother
Watermelon

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 7:02 am
amother Slategray wrote:
You can technically do this with combat boots or other high sneakers.

True, but the OP says she wants a dressy look.

OP, please invest in some long but dressy skirts for the summer months. Then you can wear whatever comfortable things you want underneath.

bzmommy

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 10:30 am
I have same issue so I workout before I get dressed .. early in the morning before I have to get kids up and ready to catch the bus . This way while they dress up n get ready I can shower n then put the tights on for the rest of the day .
Maybe thigh highs ? Goes up till thighs and you can wear shorts on top to make u feel ur in sort of gym clothes
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics