Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Eastern Europe Ben Hazmanim and the Austrian and French Alps

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 12:11 am
Looking for recommendations for picturesque Shabbos friendly places to stay for two Shabbosim whilst train travelling in Eastern Europe bein hazmanim time this summer. We did Switzerland alps last summer and the family loved it (one Shabbos in Davos and one in La Tzoumaz), so now want to try one Shabbos in the Austrian Alps, travel around a bit and a second Shabbos either in a different area or if we can train travel to the French Alps in our two weeks. Or alternatively, spend the second Shabbos in Prague. I have found various kosher hotels but they require 5-7 day minimum stays. We would only want to spend Shabbos and leave Monday so that we could spend time train travelling and exploring other areas. What we did last summer was order food from Oineg Shabbos which was terrific. We rented our own accomodations and had our own Shabbos meals which is what we would want to do again. Has anyone done that in the Austrian Alps? Prague? The French Alps? I'd so appreciated guidance! I got amazing helpful advice from this group last summer and am so grateful! Thank you in advance!

amother
Hosta

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 1:34 am
Any chance you could direct me to your thread from last year. I am considering a similiar trip

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 1:51 am
I believe the topic was titled “summer in Switzerland”. And happy to help you if you’d like to pm me.

amother
Indigo

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 2:09 am
This is from last year.

https://machertours.com/locati.....-alps

Comptroller

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 2:21 am
There are whatsapp groups for vacations in Austria, Vacations in Switzerland, vacations in the alps, by a lady from Antwerp, I think.

If I have time, later, I will add names of hotels and resorts.

amother
Bisque

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 4:39 am
We're actually doing Switzerland this summer and staying outside of Geneva and 45 mins from Zurich. We are avoiding staying in the cities and opted for airbnbs in quieter locations. Any recs for kosher food while there? We researched a ton but I always prefer a recent food recommendation. Thanks and enjoy Austria!

amother
Jasmine

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 4:44 am
We stayed in my kosher hotel 4 years ago and loved it. I know they have 7 day requirements being hazmanim but I wonder if you could book meals there for Shabbos and stay in the inn down the block. Worth asking.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 8:34 am
amother Bisque wrote:
We're actually doing Switzerland this summer and staying outside of Geneva and 45 mins from Zurich. We are avoiding staying in the cities and opted for airbnbs in quieter locations. Any recs for kosher food while there? We researched a ton but I always prefer a recent food recommendation. Thanks and enjoy Austria!

We ordered from oineg Shabbos. We were able to pick up the food in Davos Erev Shabbos for our first Shabbos. Across the street from the pickup was a market which had a kosher section. We were travelling around Switzerland by train and landed in La tzoumaz the following Shabbos and oineg Shabbos delivered the food to us there. We bought a plata in Davos and were able to heat up the Shabbos food that way in both of our rentals. It was incredibly convenient!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics