Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
OT that takes insurance in Baltimore

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 18 2023, 10:55 am
Looking for a really good OT that takes insurance in Baltimore for my 5 yo child with emotional dysregulation, sensory issues and high anxiety.
Looking for specific names, I know about the clinics here.
Thanks!

amother
Scarlet

Post Fri, Aug 18 2023, 1:00 pm
I used "Sarah" at Jewels. I think there are three Sarahs there, though. This is the one who recently became one of the new heads there.

She was fantastic with my son. He was a bit older, maybe 8 at the time. But I think she'd be great with a younger kid also.

ETA I just checked and her last name was Silberberg.

amother
Raspberry

Post Fri, Aug 18 2023, 1:09 pm
Hi!
You may want to look into MNRI. Rivka Bogart does this and she takes insurance. Sara Wolf recently took the course and is using it as well. Ora Goldman is in the process of getting covered by insurance. (Insurance meaning Medicaid).
Hatzlocha!

amother
Floralwhite

Post Fri, Aug 18 2023, 1:30 pm
Quote:
Hi!
You may want to look into MNRI. Rivka Bogart does this and she takes insurance. Sara Wolf recently took the course and is using it as well. Ora Goldman is in the process of getting covered by insurance. (Insurance meaning Medicaid).
Hatzlocha!

Rivkah Bogart only takes medicaid like Amerigroup. I have regular insurance. I know her and really wanted her to work with my DD but she doesn't take regular insurance.

You can try Jewels or Therapy Spot.

I did it at Therapy Spot. My DD has emotional regulation issues (recently turned 6). They had us doing exercises for retained primary reflexes. I really felt it helped. They also worked on skills for emotionally regulating--but a preschooler in the moment can't always think of the steps to self calm. We found it helped, but any change in routine sends her in a tailspin.

amother
Butterscotch

Post Fri, Aug 18 2023, 2:52 pm
amother OP wrote:
Looking for a really good OT that takes insurance in Baltimore for my 5 yo child with emotional dysregulation, sensory issues and high anxiety.
Looking for specific names, I know about the clinics here.
Thanks!

If he’s in school, call the coordinator and see if you can get the city or county to pay for it. And when school starts, he’ll go out during school so it won’t be another thing for you to do.
I agree - go with Sara Wolf and Rivka Bogart.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Aug 19 2023, 10:47 pm
Thank you so much for all these helpful suggestions, exactly what I was looking for! DC is going into nursery age, will be sending to playgroup next year. Eventually be sending to BY, do these therapists see children there? (So looking forward to not having to go to that appointment when she starts school eventually)

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 8:58 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thank you so much for all these helpful suggestions, exactly what I was looking for! DC is going into nursery age, will be sending to playgroup next year. Eventually be sending to BY, do these therapists see children there? (So looking forward to not having to go to that appointment when she starts school eventually)

Bump

Do Baltimore schools have OTs working in the schools?

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 9:01 pm
Yes--Sarah Wolf goes into many schools, as do the local therapy clinics. If students qualify, they can also be serviced in school by an OT from the public school system. I am not sure about the County, but schools in the City are serviced by a frum OT

amother
Butterscotch

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 9:02 pm
amother Raspberry wrote:
Hi!
Hatzlocha!

Sara wolf takes insurance. Therapy spot also takes insurance. Therapy spot might have more available people since it’s lots of people in one place.

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 9:51 pm
amother Butterscotch wrote:
Sara wolf takes insurance. Therapy spot also takes insurance. Therapy spot might have more available people since it’s lots of people in one place.

She takes MA (Amerigroup). Most of the clinics send therapists out to the schools, especially if it's large enough to make a caseload. (Therapy Spot, JEWELS, SpeechLeap, Charm City, etc)

amother
Ultramarine

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 11:48 pm
amother Raspberry wrote:
Hi!
Hatzlocha!

Adeena Pelberg is in Baltimore and is the most experienced MNRI practitioner in the area. You can look up practitioners on the MNRI website for more info. I had an excellent experience with her for my child. She is not an OT, however (MNRI takes tremendous skill but is not exclusive to traditional therapists).
Edited to add that I also used Sara Silverberg at Jewels and had a great experience.

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 1:25 am
Another question. Is there a need for more frum OTs in the Baltimore area or is it oversaturated?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics