Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
IF you bought a shed please help me

tweety1

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 7:31 pm
Looking to buy one. Did you buy one and are very happy with it? Can you link please? I'm looking for approximately 6x4. Definitely not smaller. May be a little bigger

tweety1

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 10:00 am
Bump. Anybody??

amother
Steelblue

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 12:16 pm
Bought a metal one and returned it. It was very flimsy and was impossible to build even with two people. It was around $250. You can’t find good cheap ones. I gave up on that.

Miriams

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 12:34 pm
Yes, please post any recommendations! There’s such a huge range and cost it’s hard to know where to start.

amother
Steel

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 3:29 pm
I got from a local business that advertised they sell and build sheds. Mine is big, about 8x12. I put double doors on the wider wall for larger items. I keep, bikes, snowblower, a ladder, hose, water table, kids outdoor play, stroller, etc.
I had a handyman come afterwards and put up 2 shelves along the back wall for smaller items.

I used a place shed express, in nj. Don’t know if they service your area but you can google them.

I think it was a couple of Amish guys that brought the material and built it here.

I also put a cement pad underneath before it was built to keep it level.

Miriams

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 3:36 pm
amother Steel wrote:
I got from a local business that advertised they sell and build sheds. Mine is big, about 8x12. I put double doors on the wider wall for larger items. I keep, bikes, snowblower, a ladder, hose, water table, kids outdoor play, stroller, etc.
I had a handyman come afterwards and put up 2 shelves along the back wall for smaller items.

I used a place shed express, in nj. Don’t know if they service your area but you can google them.

I think it was a couple of Amish guys that brought the material and built it here.

I also put a cement pad underneath before it was built to keep it level.

Thanks, I think I know what you are talking about. Do u know about how much it cost?

amother
Canary

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 4:48 pm
We bought a keter shed. It's like a plastic but quite sturdy. They make a few different sizes. It took us time to build it, but it's lasting well. We've had it a few years and it's still watertight and lasting well. We previously owned a wooden one, but it wasn't as watertight and the wood needed treating to stay watertight. And it wasn't as strong. We're much happier with the keter one.

tweety1

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 8:20 pm
amother Canary wrote:
We bought a keter shed. It's like a plastic but quite sturdy. They make a few different sizes. It took us time to build it, but it's lasting well. We've had it a few years and it's still watertight and lasting well. We previously owned a wooden one, but it wasn't as watertight and the wood needed treating to stay watertight. And it wasn't as strong. We're much happier with the keter one.

Thanks for the suggestion. I checked out the keter. They're mighty expensive.

amother
Canary

Post Thu, May 09 2024, 10:11 am
tweety1 wrote:
Thanks for the suggestion. I checked out the keter. They're mighty expensive.

I think we paid a few hundred at the time, but maybe it's gone up as it was a few years ago. I think amazon have different brands but the same type of shed, maybe one of those is cheaper.
I saw it as an investment and it wasn't worth buying cheaply.

amother
Hosta

Post Thu, May 09 2024, 10:31 am
I would check Costco.

Happydance

Post Thu, May 09 2024, 11:48 am
amother Steelblue wrote:
Bought a metal one and returned it. It was very flimsy and was impossible to build even with two people. It was around $250. You can’t find good cheap ones. I gave up on that.

Same here
A cheap metal one is worse than no shed at all…

tree of life

Post Thu, May 09 2024, 11:53 am
amother Canary wrote:

We did the same bh had for 12 years
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics