Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Renting out my house in Lakewood for August
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 12:18 pm
I was wondering if anyone can help me out here. I am thinking of renting out my house in Lakewood for the month of August/Bein Hazmanim. I'm trying to figure out if there is a demand for it and what is the going rate, if yes. Anyone can help?

A 4 bedroom townhouse in yeshiva area. It's not fancy but was totally redone recently so it's nice and new.

amother
Leaf

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 12:19 pm
Do you have a pool?

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 12:29 pm
No pool.

amother
Obsidian

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 1:36 pm
My sil rents out her duplex no pool

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 1:42 pm
amother Obsidian wrote:
My sil rents out her duplex no pool

Oh wow. Thank you for that info. I appreciate it. Would you know how much she rents it out for?

amother
Blush

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 1:57 pm
I’m a looking for a house in August. What are the dates op?

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 2:47 pm
amother Blush wrote:

It's not set in stone yet. I can be flexible before I sign. What dates are you looking for? What are you looking to pay?

amother
Firethorn

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 2:55 pm
Most people who are looking to rent in Lakewood in the summer are looking for a house with a pool.
Of course there are some people who just want to be near family in a comfortable house with space for everyone.
I never rented out my house. I think I’m too disorganized to do that. It must be a lot of work to empty all the drawers, closets etc. You have to be super neat and organized to do that while packing up your family to leave.

amother
Blush

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 3:09 pm
amother OP wrote:
It's not set in stone yet. I can be flexible before I sign. What dates are you looking for? What are you looking to pay?

From around the week of the 5th until the 3rd of September. Flexible if needed.

As for pay it depends on location, condition ect. I rented a house with a pool last year and paid a lot more than a townhouse would go for.

amother
Calendula

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 3:11 pm
amother Blush wrote:

OOC, why?

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 3:15 pm
amother Blush wrote:
From around the week of the 5th until the 3rd of September. Flexible if needed.

As for pay it depends on location, condition ect. I rented a house with a pool last year and paid a lot more than a townhouse would go for.

So those dates are good for us. I get that you would pay a lot more for a house with a pool. Which is why I was wondering if people would want a house without a pool. But if you are interested in more details, let me know and I'll post my username.

amother
Blush

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 3:17 pm
amother OP wrote:
So those dates are good for us. I get that you would pay a lot more for a house with a pool. Which is why I was wondering if people would want a house without a pool. But if you are interested in more details, let me know and I'll post my username.

Yes, I would if the location is right because I need a place to stay for a month that’s more economical.

I’d love more details. Do you want to post an anonymous email or under your username?

amother
Dandelion

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 3:25 pm
There is def demand for houses without a pool. People want a change of scenery, to be near family, or they rent pools nearby.

I would just say to do your research and make sure your neighbors would be comfortable with the people you are renting to…

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 3:35 pm
amother Dandelion wrote:
There is def demand for houses without a pool. People want a change of scenery, to be near family, or they rent pools nearby.

I would just say to do your research and make sure your neighbors would be comfortable with the people you are renting to…

Thank you. Would you know what the going rate is?

amother
Firethorn

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 3:57 pm
I might be off but I think I remember that an average house in Lakewood (without pool) was going for $5k a month last summer.
Summer rates are higher than regular rental rates.
Maybe you can view last summer’s masa umatan online and see what summer rentals were going for.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 6:23 pm
amother Blush wrote:
Yes, I would if the location is right because I need a place to stay for a month that’s more economical.

I’d love more details. Do you want to post an anonymous email or under your username?

Can you email me at lakewoodhouse24@gmail.com?

amother
Dandelion

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 7:00 pm
amother Firethorn wrote:
I might be off but I think I remember that an average house in Lakewood (without pool) was going for $5k a month last summer.
Summer rates are higher than regular rental rates.
Maybe you can view last summer’s masa umatan online and see what summer rentals were going for.

Sounds right. With a pool is at least double that

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 7:21 pm
Is there a market for this? I live in Toms River no pool. Smaller house. 3 bedrooms. We wanted to rent it out for August and the dates are flexible. Just didnt think a house without a pool is something somebody would consider.

amother
Geranium

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 7:27 pm
amother Fuchsia wrote:
Is there a market for this? I live in Toms River no pool. Smaller house. 3 bedrooms. We wanted to rent it out for August and the dates are flexible. Just didnt think a house without a pool is something somebody would consider.

You can put up an above ground pool in your yard and charge a lot more.. the increased rental income can cover the pool cost

amother
Lightcyan

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 7:34 pm
Can you email me pesachinlakewood2@gmail.com with more info on your Toms river house? Looking for either Albert area or Toms river. Thanks!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries