Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Seasonal allergies

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 9:55 am
My 9 year old has seasonal allergies.

I’ve been to the Dr twice. Te first time they told me it’s likely seasonal allergies and was told to use the inhaler twice a day for a few days. The cough got better. Inhaler was used up. He was better for a bit and then the itchy eyes started. We got drops and Zyrtec at the second visit. And another inhaler which they seemed reluctant to prescribe.

The cough is back and seems worse. He takes Zyrtec at night and two puffs on the inhaler as well. He coughs so hard at night that others wake up. He coughs during the day too but it seems worse at night (maybe because the house is quiet?). He sometimes wheezes as well.

How do you manage this?

amother
Gardenia

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 10:04 am
Not sure how to suggest anything directly, but just to throw out there for next year, my family has been helped very much by using Nasalcrom. It must be used preemptively though, 2 or 3 weeks before allergy season starts, & then 2 to 3 times a day the whole season through. Hope you find relief, hatzlacha!

https://www.drweil.com/health-.....gies/
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics