Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps
Whats in style?
Previous  1  2

amother
Dimgray

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 4:11 pm
DrMom wrote:
Why would anyone lug all this expensive stuff davka to camp?

Stuff gets lost/dirty when you are living in rustic shared accommodations.

I would think it more sensible to leave pricey items at home.

The Lululemon bag isn't that expensive tbh but Michele watch for camp is overkill. That being said I did bring my Tiffany jewelry back in the day...but it was cheaper then

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 5:04 pm
amother Dimgray wrote:
Why in the world would you send close to $200 sneakers to camp? It's sneakers! And this is coming from someone who brought my Tiffany jewelry to camp but the sneakers seem extensive lol
I didn’t buy them for camp. I bought them before pesach and she’s already been wearing them. And she’ll bring them to camp too.

rmbg

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 5:44 pm
This is insane… why are you mothers allowing this???

amother
Hawthorn

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 5:57 pm
My daughters’ sneakers often came back covered in mud. Once we had to send a new pair mid summer. We always bought cute sneakers but nothing expensive.

lamplighter

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 6:11 pm
Probably best to post what camp she's going to...most of these kinds of trends are camp/community specific.

emee2

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 11:58 pm
amother Azalea wrote:
I truly believe in trying to fit in especially for a child who is lacking self confidence but HOW are WE creating a reality that to fit in you need to wear 500 dollar golden goose sneakers? WE are doing this. Just as your child wants to fit in so are others who can not spend half a thousand dollars on sneakers. This is crazy. Camp is suppossed to be a fun happy place not an insane fashion show. Adding on these expensive watches etc is just ridiculous and WE have the power to put an end to this.

Just to clarify I was just trying to answer her question and be helpful. My older daughter got Nikes for $50 and my younger one got pumas for $30. They know I would NEVER spend on golden goose or off tag or any thing else like that.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps