Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
What is the best thing you ate this pesach?
Previous  1  2  3  4

tweety1

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 10:05 pm
amother Ivory wrote:
It wasn't me, but I would hug you as a kindred spirit. Chicken soup with noodles is life.

Right?! And when I told this to dh on y"t he rolled his eyes. I think he just doesn't get what life is lol

mizle10

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 10:12 pm
Taco meat with guacamole and a fresh tomato salad was excellent

Sweet and sour meatballs over a bed of mashed potatoes was also a winner

Flanken roast is always a crowd pleaser

amother
Coral

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 10:29 pm
[quote="amother OP"]I'll start. Surprisingly (because pans and pans of brownies, fudge, blondies...) it was a turkey roast that I make at least once a month. But this one just hit the spot. Rub of fresh lemon juice, olive oil and fresh thyme (generously). Let it marinate an hour, roasted for 2 hours.
Your turn.[/quote
This sounds so good. What temperature? Covered? What do you serve it with? Thanks

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 10:38 pm
[quote="amother Coral"]
amother OP wrote:
I'll start. Surprisingly (because pans and pans of brownies, fudge, blondies...) it was a turkey roast that I make at least once a month. But this one just hit the spot. Rub of fresh lemon juice, olive oil and fresh thyme (generously). Let it marinate an hour, roasted for 2 hours.
Your turn.[/quote
This sounds so good. What temperature? Covered? What do you serve it with? Thanks

350° uncovered. I served it with smashed potatoes (cook little potatoes, unpeeled, until tender, put in a single layer in oiled baking pan and press down on each one until it snashes. Drizzle more oil on top and roast until nicely browned), cranberry applesauce and roasted vegetables. When it's not pesach I prefer to serve it with rice or quinoa rather than potatoes as the turkey leaves a nice sauce in bottom of the pan that plays nicely with some sort of pilaf.

Enjoy!

CPenzias

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 10:41 pm
Chocolate mousse

hanna2010

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 3:29 pm
Thank you amother dimgray for posting the choc chip cookie recipe.
Anyone have the apple kugel recipe previously discussed that they can post?

amother
Catmint

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 4:21 pm
Quinoa with roasted vegetables,just flavored with coconut aminos after cooking,so good!
Dessert-Miriam Pascal coffee brittle cookies! Everyone loved them! I wish I could post the recipe-but buying the cookbook is very worthwhile!

amother
Coral

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 4:13 pm
amother OP wrote:
350° uncovered. I served it with smashed potatoes (cook little potatoes, unpeeled, until tender, put in a single layer in oiled baking pan and press down on each one until it snashes. Drizzle more oil on top and roast until nicely browned), cranberry applesauce and roasted vegetables. When it's not pesach I prefer to serve it with rice or quinoa rather than potatoes as the turkey leaves a nice sauce in bottom of the pan that plays nicely with some sort of pilaf.

Enjoy!

Do you mind writing what the cranberry applesauce recipe is? TIA!
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics