Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Does such a thing exist? (Crib related)

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 6:38 pm
My baby is 6 months old bh, and I know he’s really too big for a bassinet already- but I just can’t give it up yet!
It fits so conveniently near my bed and I can rock baby to sleep with my foot while I’m sleeping… (it’s officially a cosleeping bassinet, but I don’t use that part).

Any crib that has a rocking feature? I searched Amazon but only seeing mini sizes- so I doubt it’s bigger than this nice sized bassinet.

Or any other ideas welcome Smile

(I know I should sleep train and not get baby used to falling asleep by being rocked, but too bad… this is how we’re doing now and we’ll have to deal with no rocking when baby will be older iy’H)

hodeez

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 6:40 pm
Never seen such a thing and Google isn't helping either

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 6:42 pm
hodeez wrote:
Never seen such a thing and Google isn't helping either

Oh well
Was really just trying my luck because I haven’t seen it either and baby (and mommy) won’t be too excited to a regular crib switch..l

Tzutzie

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 6:46 pm
Get a portocrib with wheels. It'll make it easier to rock. Or if your dh is handy he can maybe convert it.

amother
Hyacinth

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 7:02 pm
If you’re finding mini cribs online that rock then get one of those, don’t worry about it being too small. Mini cribs are the size of pack n plays and portacribs. My kids all slept in them just fine until they transferred to a bed around age 2.

To be clear, I’m referring to something this size-
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000.....ss_tl

amother
Cerise

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 7:08 pm
I rock my baby's crib (on wheels) with my foot at night. Might not be as easy as the bassinet, but it works.

amother
Zinnia

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 7:15 pm
amother OP wrote:
My baby is 6 months old bh, and I know he’s really too big for a bassinet already- but I just can’t give it up yet!
It fits so conveniently near my bed and I can rock baby to sleep with my foot while I’m sleeping… (it’s officially a cosleeping bassinet, but I don’t use that part).

Any crib that has a rocking feature? I searched Amazon but only seeing mini sizes- so I doubt it’s bigger than this nice sized bassinet.

Or any other ideas welcome Smile

(I know I should sleep train and not get baby used to falling asleep by being rocked, but too bad… this is how we’re doing now and we’ll have to deal with no rocking when baby will be older iy’H)

It’s not the size that’s significant about moving baby from a bassinet it’s the depth or how high the mattress sits. A bassinet can be dangerous for a baby that rolls over or sits up becaue they’re so close to the top. The mini crib linked above has a mattress that sits much lower down so it’s safer.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics