Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Is there a way to replace the lace?

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 1:38 pm
I bought a wig a few years ago with a lace front and it was really bad from the start. I gave it back to be fixed and the sheitel macher sent it away to have new hairs put in. The problem is not fixed and every time I wear it the front hairs curl up into a rats nest within minutes of putting it on. If I brush the hairs before I leave the house shobbos morning, they are all balled up and knotted by the time I get to shul.
Is there a way the whole front can be replaced successfully or do I just need to get a new wig. I'm not interested in getting new hairs in the front, I tried that and it didn't work

amother
Lightcyan

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 1:40 pm
I had the same problem , and my sheitel macher recommended a deep conditioning to fix it.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 1:48 pm
amother Lightcyan wrote:
I had the same problem , and my sheitel macher recommended a deep conditioning to fix it.

Thank you for replying, we tried that already

amother
Mocha

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 2:01 pm
I had my lace folded under and sewed down

bina24

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 2:06 pm
You can have an extension done for a few hundred dollars to replaces the entire front lace to make it look like new. Just make sure you use someone who knows what they're doing.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 2:08 pm
bina24 wrote:
You can have an extension done for a few hundred dollars to replaces the entire front lace to make it look like new. Just make sure you use someone who knows what they're doing.

And this operation replaces the lace and not just the hair is that correct? So you have a recommendation for someone good?

bina24

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 2:13 pm
You can find a wig repair person in your area who's done it before and can explain how it works to you. It can be done for lacetop wigs, so I'm assuming it can also be done for a lace front.

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 2:47 pm
Are you in Brooklyn?
I have 2 people that many sheitel machers use. You can go direct and save a few hundred dollars

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 2:49 pm
amother Chocolate wrote:
Are you in Brooklyn?
I have 2 people that many sheitel machers use. You can go direct and save a few hundred dollars

Yes I am can you please pm me?

Last edited by amother on Sun, May 05 2024, 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 2:51 pm
Following. I would also like to replace the lace in the front of a sheital. Ideally queens or 5t
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels