Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
What is the best thing you ate this pesach?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Dimgray

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 8:32 am
amother OP wrote:
I'll start. Surprisingly (because pans and pans of brownies, fudge, blondies...) it was a turkey roast that I make at least once a month. But this one just hit the spot. Rub of fresh lemon juice, olive oil and fresh thyme (generously). Let it marinate an hour, roasted for 2 hours.
Your turn.

What size turkey roast? Netted breast meat? What temp for 2 hours?

amother
Begonia

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 11:25 am
My dd's and son-in-law's cooking. All of it.

Ruchel

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 11:32 am
amother Begonia wrote:
My dd's and son-in-law's cooking. All of it.

Mom?

amother
Magnolia

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 11:35 am
Homemade mango fruit leather
Roasted pears & sweet potatoes together (was sooo good)
Simple French roast with carmelized onions & salt. Was soft like butter
Kolrabi lukshin (like cabbage & noodles bit with kolrabi and homemade egg lukshin instead) just a hearty flavorful dish
Lamb chops 😋 on chol hamoed

amother
Forestgreen

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 11:38 am
Homemade cheese snack from Miriam Pascal Cohen's new cookbook. I tweeked the recipe a bit after I made it the first time (it was really good how she did it) and made it a bit sweeter the second time. Mega hit.

amother
NeonBlue

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 11:38 am
tweety1 wrote:
My all time favorite chicken soup with noodles. If you put me on island for the rest of my life and I'd have to choose only one food you bet it will be chicken soup and noodles.

That's two items Shame on you

amother
Mintgreen

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 11:44 am
Ruchel wrote:
Mom?

LOVE ❤️ the confidence!!

amother
Blue

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 11:54 am
The 2 standouts:

Oven roasted matbucha from faigy Murray's cookbook. With some tomato paste added in. So good!

Also Miriam pascal brownies. Amazing. That's gonna be our go-to pesach brownie from now on.

amother
Lightcyan

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 11:57 am
Chicken steak from the Boro park View. Totally delicious!

amother
Dimgray

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 12:00 pm
amother Lightcyan wrote:
Chicken steak from the Boro park View. Totally delicious!

Can you post?

Chayalle

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 12:07 pm
tweety1 wrote:
My all time favorite chicken soup with noodles. If you put me on island for the rest of my life and I'd have to choose only one food you bet it will be chicken soup and noodles.

LOL I think my DD and SIL would agree. They just wanted the chicken soup and noodles.

I made some really good salads that came out great. A roasted sweet potato salad with pesto dressing. A London Broil salad with mango and avocado. I just threw these together, used whatever dressing I felt like, and they went.

The biscotti on the Goldbaum almond flour bag was a hit.

Someone posted an apple crumble on this site - I should go back and find that thread and thank her. It has replaced all our previous apple crumbles, and has now joined our family Pesach recipe box for the future. Was really good.

And my BIL made me a smoked brisket that was delicious. My other roasts came out good too BH.

amother
Lightcyan

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 12:11 pm
amother Dimgray wrote:
Can you post?

amother
Dimgray

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 12:35 pm
Chayalle wrote:
LOL I think my DD and SIL would agree. They just wanted the chicken soup and noodles.

I made some really good salads that came out great. A roasted sweet potato salad with pesto dressing. A London Broil salad with mango and avocado. I just threw these together, used whatever dressing I felt like, and they went.

The biscotti on the Goldbaum almond flour bag was a hit.

Someone posted an apple crumble on this site - I should go back and find that thread and thank her. It has replaced all our previous apple crumbles, and has now joined our family Pesach recipe box for the future. Was really good.

And my BIL made me a smoked brisket that was delicious. My other roasts came out good too BH.

Please share the apple crumble!

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 12:37 pm
I barely ate on yt

wanttobehappy

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 12:49 pm
My meat mashed potatoes where amazing fresh French fries and by far the highest hit was my Choclate chip cookies I don’t know how to post a pix

tweety1

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 12:56 pm
tweety1 wrote:

I was hugged for this post. I don't care. I'm genuinely curious as in like CURIOUS why ? Why was I hugged lol??

amother
Copper

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 1:07 pm
Bas Hinda torte from this site! I finally decided to make it this year and Im blown away. Literally the richest most delicious chocolate cake I ever ate.

amother
Teal

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 1:17 pm
My pulled beef came out great this year. I make Jamie Gellar's version, minus the cumin, and using paprika instead of cayenne/chili because I don't usually have for Pesach. So good, either with mashed potatoes or fries, and I love that I can out it up in the crockpot and have it later.

Also another hurray for the gebroks chocolate chip cookies with the pudding mix.

hanna2010

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 1:20 pm
Can someone please post the chocolate chip cookie recipe and the apple crumble recipe please please

amother
Ivory

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 1:30 pm
tweety1 wrote:
I was hugged for this post. I don't care. I'm genuinely curious as in like CURIOUS why ? Why was I hugged lol??

It wasn't me, but I would hug you as a kindred spirit. Chicken soup with noodles is life.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics