Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Post pesach diet support group- who's in?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

PrairieFairy

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 5:51 pm
amother Electricblue wrote:
You clearly are a life coach, or you should be anyway. Just logging in to say that I have not been keeping my diet. Sad

Your post has given me some food for thought (pun somewhat intended) and I will try to come up with a better plan of action.

I will add, though, that consequences do motivate me. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever does.

Thanks! I got that comment a lot so do offer Coaching. I also went to school for Nutrition so have a degree in that too so can also help more specifically but honestly over the years working with people (and through personal experience), I learned that it's less about the specific food and nutrition and more about a bigger picture. And this is for everything!! Because we're complex!!

It was miserable for me when I was struggling with food so I just like sharing. So yes, if you take one thing away from this, learn how to approach it so that you're working smarter and not harder!

And yes. Consequences do motivate. That's part of human motivation. And part of intuitive living (doesn't just apply to food, apply it to all areas). However, consequence based motivation is less sustainable so once there's a burnout, it's more difficult to get back into. AND it's not enjoyable. Can also result in avoidance! Instead of getting healthier with weight/body....may just avoid social situations, or buying clothes...so then feel even worse...and then even less likely to want to do it because self sabotaging whatever motivation there was.

You can research how negative reinforcement is becoming proven to be not as effective over the longer term and this is in a sense doing it to oneself.

If it's enjoyable and doesn't feel like a punishment, it will be longer lasting and easier. Won't need to continually be dragging feet or constantly feel like "have to get back on track".

Just some thoughts for you all! I hope all of you are able to get to a space where you feel good about your body, your relationship with food, and all the things!

Rooting for you all! One day at a time. One mistake (learning experience) at a time. No perfection here.

Sidenote. If you feel that consequences are the only thing that motivates you....another aspect to consider is your self image, inner child experience, and who you are as you.

Like I said. There is more than just food. We want intrinsic motivation as opposed to extrinsic (for it to be longer lasting and easier). Sounds extrinsic. Which also sounds like some deep stuff around perfectionism or not being accepted as you and some old ideas there that might serve you to look at as well.

I went on and on haha hope that was helpful in getting you started on considering the emotional piece in the weight.

amother
Gardenia

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 6:52 pm
Ugh. Joining.

I need to shed this baby weight ! Baby is nine months/ I need to wean him soon but can’t quite give up the bonding of having him snuggle up next to me and nurse. It makes diet and exercise so hard .

Also I definitely do not eat healthy over pesach Can't Believe It

amother
Melon

Post Fri, May 03 2024, 1:11 pm
So far so good.

What I have been doing:

Instead of driving myself with chocolate I started drinking green tea.

I am trying to regulate myself with therapeutic tools instead of candy but I decided to not forbid candy or cake, cookies for stress relief because then it becomes a forbidden food and harder to resist.

Trying to eat smaller meals and be more aware of eating for hunger or eating for comfort/tiredness.

Brownie Bar

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 3:01 am
Going to start doing exercise tomorrow. Just a short exercise routine every day. Any record for something easy to do at home? Also trying very hard to stay off cakes and sweets. I really want to lose weight!!

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 4:08 am
Need to lose 50 pounds
Don’t even know where to start!!!
All the diets I tried haven’t been working Sad

Shiraz

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 4:38 am
Me 😁

amother
Yolk

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 4:43 am
Have not had time to drink much over yom tov season, so that's a starting point for me....and to cut out all biscuits and cake if possible

amother
Natural

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 4:49 am
So far, I'm doing quite good.
cheated on shabbos on 2 sandwich cookies, maybe had a bit too much challah, but overall I think I'm doing great.
I'll try not to go on the scale before a week of when I started; that's Wednesday.

amother
Navyblue

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 5:42 am
Brownie Bar wrote:
Going to start doing exercise tomorrow. Just a short exercise routine every day. Any record for something easy to do at home? Also trying very hard to stay off cakes and sweets. I really want to lose weight!!

I've been enjoying this https://613tube.com/watch/?v=7klsNuZbOqY

amother
NeonBlue

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 9:57 am
Protein protein. Here we come. Minimal carbs....Greek yogurt plain or light, scrambled eggs. Salmon turkey salad! We can do this! Drink your water! Try to stay active and let's do other things besides for thinking about food!

amother
Impatiens

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 12:26 pm
I want to start today. just dont know even how to start. Need to lose 100lbs. Maybe its about time to consider surgery. But really scared. Thinking of trying No wheat No sweet. If anyone did it please share what your typical day looked like.

amother
Chambray

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 12:28 pm
Well I failed at my diet over shabbos because I was sick so starting again today!! Been doing well so far!
I really want to lose 10-15 lbs in the next 2 months.

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 12:57 pm
what are people eating if they are picky? I really really dislike most protein.

today I ate an apple and a string cheese. what now?

amother
Chambray

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 1:16 pm
amother Cobalt wrote:
what are people eating if they are picky? I really really dislike most protein.

today I ate an apple and a string cheese. what now?

Is there any protein you do like?

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 1:41 pm
amother Chambray wrote:
Is there any protein you do like?

very little. I like plant based protein but it's hard to have it handy. beans need a lot of cook time and idk what to make of them. cholent. some I put in my salads sometimes.

amother
Chambray

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 1:41 pm
amother Cobalt wrote:
very little. I like plant based protein but it's hard to have it handy. beans need a lot of cook time and idk what to make of them. cholent. some I put in my salads sometimes.

So what do you normally eat? No fish,no chicken, no eggs?

amother
Chambray

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 1:43 pm
amother Cobalt wrote:

You could also put lentils, beans, quinoa in salads, use canned beans, make soups with lentils or beans and freeze portions, or You could make chili.

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 1:49 pm
Brownie Bar wrote:

Look up on YouTube the Xhit Victoria Secret workouts. Arms, Legs, Abs and Butt. I only do the first set (half the video) so it’s between 10-15 minutes and will show great results quickly

amother
Butterscotch

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 2:00 pm
I think the imamother group diets have a 100% fail rate.

I'm not trying to discourage anyone. I'm only saying this so that those that are serious about weight loss will try something else.

There is zero motivation in the long run (or even short run) from online anonymous women. I expect to get bashed but plz explain why I'm wrong.

amother
Navyblue

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 2:09 pm
amother Crimson wrote:
Look up on YouTube the Xhit Victoria Secret workouts. Arms, Legs, Abs and Butt. I only do the first set (half the video) so it’s between 10-15 minutes and will show great results quickly

Thanks! There are so many Xhit Victoria Secret workouts. Can you link the one you've been finding helpful?
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise