Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Liposuction

Iamamother2

Post Mon, Dec 03 2012, 12:11 am
I was thinking of doing liposuction on my thighs and bottom. Don't know much about it but I can't seem to get rid of my fat there. I'm pretty skinny on the top and have always had an issue with the lower half of me. Can't buy suits (ever! unless I can mix and match sizes...like really mix and match) I'm like a 6-8 on top and a 14-16 on the bottom. I hate it!!! I have to take in every skirt I buy because my waist is much smaller then the largest part of my thighs. Anyway, does anyone know anything about LIPOSUCTION. Is it safe? Does it really work? Any other ideas would be helpful?

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Dec 03 2012, 7:06 pm
I heard that the fat comes back.

vintagebknyc

Post Mon, Dec 03 2012, 7:09 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
I heard that the fat comes back.

not really sure how that happens, because we each have xx amount of fat in our bodies.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Dec 03 2012, 8:18 pm
vintagebknyc wrote:
not really sure how that happens, because we each have xx amount of fat in our bodies.

that's what I've heard. it either comes back where it was sucked out from, or goes elsewhere because yes, the body is meant to have a certain amount of fat.

amother

Post Mon, Dec 03 2012, 9:36 pm
I'm doing it in January. I'm also doing a tummy tuck then, and it wasn't a whole lot more to add on liposuction to my thighs. I'm just like you-- a 6-8 on top and easily a 12-14 on the bottom. It also doesn't help me that my stomach is all stretched out and protruding. Even though I'm done having kids, I get asked ALL of the time when my next little one is due! It's so embarrassing. So the tummy tuck is really what I'm after, but I figured why not go ahead and do liposuction, too.

I heard from my plastic surgeon that lipo isn't guaranteed to work forever, especially if you gain weight after having it. Although as someone else mentioned, the fat distribution can be very different than it was before having lipo-- someone like us, who's always gained weight in her thighs, might notice more fat accumulating in her arms, for example, if she gains weight.

There's a slight chance anyone who has the procedure will need to go back within a year or two for a "revision." This is if the liposuction leaves the body looking asymetrical. One thigh can appear lumpy or not quite match the other.

As for whether it's safe, liposuction is an invasive surgical procedure, and no surgical procedure is 100% safe. To the best of my knowledge (and I've researched it fair amount), the biggest risks depend on the surgeon's experience, the quality of her/his work, and things like whether or not the patient smokes or takes birth control pills.

amother
Slateblue

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 9:25 am
To OP, if you went through with this, or to anyone else whose done liposuction, I am considering it and would love to hear your experience

amother
Slateblue

Post Wed, Apr 28 2021, 2:40 pm
Can anyone who’s done this procedure weigh in with their experience? Recovery? Results? Cost? I’m looking into it seriously

amother
Acacia

Post Fri, Aug 26 2022, 5:19 pm
amother Slateblue wrote:
Can anyone who’s done this procedure weigh in with their experience? Recovery? Results? Cost? I’m looking into it seriously

Do you end up doing it?
I want information about it too.

SheviL

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 12:36 am
am also looking for info about this .
anyone has any info for me? am I crazy doing it if I'm not done having kids?

amother
Apple

Post Thu, May 02 2024, 12:49 am
SheviL wrote:
am also looking for info about this .
anyone has any info for me? am I crazy doing it if I'm not done having kids?

You shouldn’t do any cosmetic surgery on your body if you plan on having more kids..
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise