Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Preparing for Pesach 5785

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 12:14 am
My Google doc for next year includes
1. Items I need to purchase (eg milchig measuring cups)
2. Recipes that were a success
3. Location of items to be unpacked first (the signs that we tape on the sold cabinets, the oven mitts and pots for kashering)
4. Amounts of matza, romaine lettuce and wine we used)
5. Shelf stable food we are storing till next year

My Google calendar has reminders starting the day after Purim for things I don't want to leave for the last minute (prepare 10 pieces of bread, clean the air conditioner vents)

hodeez

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 12:18 am
I know I should do this but I literally can't not procrastinate pesach prep

amother
Jasmine

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 12:23 am
Same OP.
I also wrote down my menu and cooking list. So I can know how many of each thing I need. Like 4 potato kugels, 2 squash kugels...

amother
Cappuccino

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 2:11 pm
I have a notebook in which I record all of the above and more, including whom we hosted and when, what I put away and need not buy, what I used up or kept for chometz and need to replace (including non-foods like tablecloths and dishwashing gloves or dish drainers) and what I didn't have but would like to get, like certain serving pieces, tools or Haggaddahs.

I revisit certain things from time to time, since product formulas change and what was good or bad five or ten years ago may no longer be.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 2:24 pm
amother OP wrote:
My Google doc for next year includes
1. Items I need to purchase (eg milchig measuring cups)
2. Recipes that were a success
3. Location of items to be unpacked first (the signs that we tape on the sold cabinets, the oven mitts and pots for kashering)
4. Amounts of matza, romaine lettuce and wine we used)
5. Shelf stable food we are storing till next year

My Google calendar has reminders starting the day after Purim for things I don't want to leave for the last minute (prepare 10 pieces of bread, clean the air conditioner vents)

Excellent post Smile
You may consider printing out a list and keep it in your wallet which items you need to buy. OK, if it's only once small item you don't really need. But if you need to buy many items better to keep a list throughout the year and when you see a good sale you shop at a bargain price, even if it's in the middle of the summer.

amother
Molasses

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 2:26 pm
I’m going shopping now for the kitchen gadgets that I feel I could use on pesach

amother
Jade

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 3:57 pm
amother Molasses wrote:
I’m going shopping now for the kitchen gadgets that I feel I could use on pesach

Same. Got rid of 2 items I realized were extra and didn't want to store anymore (found people who were happy to take the pesach items).
And just ordered the items I felt we needed for pesach. I'll be adding them to the pesach closet so they're ready to use for next year.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics