Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
So Conflicted

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 26 2024, 11:39 am
I have a yummy little two and half year old. She's been having trouble with so many things for the past year and a half or so. I work in childcare so, BH", I was able to catch it early. She's been diagnosed with anxiety and a sensory processing disorder. In recent month I stopped working. Up until now she's gone to daycare where I work. Now, my family is very dependent on my salary. I've found that she is literally a different child at home with mommy all day. I have to go back to work (DH is not working and not able to care appropriately for children. Its a seperate issue and I really don't want this thread to devolve into being about my husband)

I'm so torn.

She clearly needs to be at home with her mother.
But we won't survive if I don't work. I can't imagine sending her back to daycare or preschool after the difference I've seen. She's gone from upwards of ten meltdowns a day to only one or two mild, normal toddler type tantrums. She'll even tolerate me nursing her baby brother which in the past would lead to a complete out of control hours long meltdown.

The right thing is to stay home and let my daughter have this time with her mother. I know that in my heart. But I also know that if I don't do my histadlus my family won't survive.

tichellady

Post Fri, Apr 26 2024, 11:57 am
Is there a way to work and have her at home with you? Maybe watch other children too?

amother
Peachpuff

Post Fri, Apr 26 2024, 12:02 pm
Can you find childcare that will be attuned to her and her needs? I don't know where you live or what options you have around you, but I spent a long time when I was looking for childcare to find somewhere that my child would thrive. We also have locally a childcare option that focuses on children who need that bit more intervention and support and really work with the children to help them.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics