Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
How crowded was your outing today?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
DarkPurple

Post Thu, Apr 25 2024, 11:24 pm
Rock n air in NJ. Was packed and the things that had lines were long wait like the ropes course. But there was so much to do without lines too. Great place. Almost all yidden there. Felt like the whole lakewood lol

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Thu, Apr 25 2024, 11:25 pm
amother Aqua wrote:
Went to legoland in Philly, was E.M.P.T.Y! Was so nice

Never been to Legoland. Can you describe what its about and for what ages? The philly one looks like its for younger kids fr I m the website...is that accurate?

seeker

Post Thu, Apr 25 2024, 11:36 pm
amother NeonPink wrote:
We did spy games, a beta testing option at spyscape in NYC. You get 50 min, which should be enough time to complete all the challenges. The waits weren't long, but long enough that we couldn't do all the challenges.... We did maybe 7 out of 10?

Intrigued, what does that mean a beta testing option?

amother
Maple

Post Thu, Apr 25 2024, 11:42 pm
amother Hosta wrote:
Space Farm, was very full but not too full to enjoy. We got there early when it was still empty but stayed until closing time so we really got to everything. Fascinating place!

Was there for the last two hours before closing. Was full but we were able to see whatever we wanted. Honestly not sure what you did that long. It was nice but we saw it all in two hours and can't imagine being there longer..

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Apr 25 2024, 11:45 pm
amother Aconite wrote:
I had exactly the same thoughts . I even told my DH while standing on the line , that it felt like I was in Israel. Yidden from literally every type and stripe were there and it felt so beautiful.

Weirdly I also had a random thought in similar vein. I noticed so many breathtakingly beautiful Jewish children and adults and thought about how the nazis portrayed us as ugly nasty creatures.

Like giftedmom, this was the one year that the crowds of frum people didn’t annoy me.

amother
Azalea

Post Thu, Apr 25 2024, 11:56 pm
CatchAir, was full, but not packed

amother
Sienna

Post Fri, Apr 26 2024, 12:00 am
amother Maroon wrote:
Care to share please?
(If in NY/NJ area.)

We went to funtime junction, wasn't packed at all but I did hear later in the day it was pretty full. It's in fairfield nj

amother
Outerspace

Post Fri, Apr 26 2024, 1:06 am
Hiking in the desert at 6:30 am. Not crowded at all.

amother
Crystal

Post Fri, Apr 26 2024, 1:09 am
I just sent to visit family. My kids are young and pleased with that. But the Manhattan highways were disaster. It took us exactly double the time it usually takes.

amother
Cerise

Post Fri, Apr 26 2024, 1:21 am
My kids all slept really late so we didn't do a major outing. We went to the library and then I dropped DH and the kids off at the boardwalk and went to run errands. I picked them up a couple of hours later and they had walked pretty far and had a grand time collecting shells and being out in nature. It was a beautiful sunny day but too cold for summer clothing so they could enjoy the beach without any pritzus. They did randomly run into some relatives also walking on the boardwalk,but once they left the frum areas it was pretty empty.

amother
Raspberry

Post Fri, Apr 26 2024, 1:39 am
amother Maroon wrote:
How long were you there for? We were there for about 5 hours & my kids got to do enough rides that we got our money's worth. The fireball though, was an hour wait. When my kids finally reached their turn, one chickened out & decided that it's too scary.

I was there as well! My kids got to go on lots of rides. We definitely got our money's worth! We put together a group of 25.

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Fri, Apr 26 2024, 1:55 am
American Dream, earlier in the day, was not packed. But it’s a huge place so probably hard to really be very crowded

Iymnok

Post Fri, Apr 26 2024, 2:02 am
We brought laser guns to Ammunition Hill. It was empty.
My sister and I stayed in the shade of the tree with our stuff while the kids and DH had their laser battle.

Ruchel

Post Fri, Apr 26 2024, 2:03 pm
LOL each time we went out of town and each town others did like us

amother
Hosta

Post Fri, Apr 26 2024, 5:08 pm
amother Maple wrote:
Was there for the last two hours before closing. Was full but we were able to see whatever we wanted. Honestly not sure what you did that long. It was nice but we saw it all in two hours and can't imagine being there longer..

We interacted and observed the animals. The lemur had a baby my kids were fascinated by and we spent about half hour just there. We fed the sheep, the goats. We got the kodiak bear to wave to us on hind legs, three times!!! (The sign posted there gave instructions on how to do it.) The baboons were another at least half hour, watching them grab and peel bananas. I couldn't get my kids away from there. In total we spent time with the animals about three hours. Then we spent at least an hour and half in the museum part and it wasn't nearly enough time. We rushed through at the end because they were almost closing. At first we read each sign, tried to picture the people who'd use the tools, the sleighs, the toys, the cars, the covered wagons (read the whole six page description posted there) and horse carts. We wondered why the NY Historical Society would sell Teddy Roosevelt's wagon to a private person (Space). I guess my family is geeky like that. My kids said they'd come back again just to be able to spend more time at the musuem.

amother
Peachpuff

Post Fri, Apr 26 2024, 5:23 pm
We went to Turtleback Zoo. It was crowded but not too crowded to enjoy and was a good option for our extended family of all ages to go together.

stillnewlywed

Post Fri, Apr 26 2024, 5:56 pm
amother Hosta wrote:
We interacted and observed the animals. The lemur had a baby my kids were fascinated by and we spent about half hour just there. We fed the sheep, the goats. We got the kodiak bear to wave to us on hind legs, three times!!! (The sign posted there gave instructions on how to do it.) The baboons were another at least half hour, watching them grab and peel bananas. I couldn't get my kids away from there. In total we spent time with the animals about three hours. Then we spent at least an hour and half in the museum part and it wasn't nearly enough time. We rushed through at the end because they were almost closing. At first we read each sign, tried to picture the people who'd use the tools, the sleighs, the toys, the cars, the covered wagons (read the whole six page description posted there) and horse carts. We wondered why the NY Historical Society would sell Teddy Roosevelt's wagon to a private person (Space). I guess my family is geeky like that. My kids said they'd come back again just to be able to spend more time at the musuem.

This sounds amazing! My family will definitely be going! Thanks!

amother
Hunter

Post Fri, Apr 26 2024, 5:58 pm
alpaca farm was totally empty. just us and one israeli family

amother
Hibiscus

Post Fri, Apr 26 2024, 6:31 pm
amother Maple wrote:

Was also there the last two hours. Was interesting that there literally everyone there was frum. I think I saw maybe one person who wasn't. My husband was speculating how they must make all their money on Chol Hamoed. I had asked the lady when we came in about the crowd and she said they're prepared and know Sukkos and Pesach it'll be like this Wink

amother
Canary

Post Fri, Apr 26 2024, 6:38 pm
We did an escape room yesterday which was fun but expensive. Today we went to a local Barnes and Noble. Everyone got to pick a book. We made Shabbos before we went, so we enjoyed a leisurely 2 hours looking at everything. Other frum families in both places but not crowded.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics