Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
I need a miracle. Somehow need to come up with 2500 today

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 22 2024, 3:48 am
Venting here: My husband just lost his job and we’re trying to figure out our new reality. He’s searching for something new but nothing came up yet. (He did odd jobs before Pesach which, along with tzeddaka, enabled us to pay for Yom Tov. And everything is a fortune even if you’re getting cheap stuff!) I’m working, but I get paid hourly and I don’t get paid for Yom Tov which means no paycheck this month. I must pay my rent and electric bill. How am I coming up with $2500 before Yom Tov? I don’t know. I’m sure HaShem has a plan. But my stomach is in knots. Please daven for a good job for my DH!

amother
Celeste

Post Mon, Apr 22 2024, 4:06 am
Reach out to family, some may be able to led you some money with easy payment for repay when dh is In a better place.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Apr 22 2024, 4:06 am
I really hope you will be able to update us soon with your miracle story!
I totally understand this stress because I’ve been there too. It’s really, really hard.
Do you want to start a go fund me page?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 22 2024, 4:09 am
I’m way too embarrassed to start a go fund me but I appreciate the suggestion…

amother
Bluebell

Post Mon, Apr 22 2024, 4:55 am
Lottery ticket?

amother
Topaz

Post Mon, Apr 22 2024, 4:57 am
Do you have a rav that can help you?

amother
Clear

Post Mon, Apr 22 2024, 4:58 am
amother OP wrote:
I’m way too embarrassed to start a go fund me but I appreciate the suggestion…

Most people would rather donate their maasar to a real person they know IRL than to an organization.

amother
Catmint

Post Mon, Apr 22 2024, 5:06 am
So sorry I cant help just wanted to say im really thinking of you and davening Hashem should help you .

Hugs.

mom!

Post Mon, Apr 22 2024, 5:44 am
I just said some tehillim for you. Waiting to hear an update with your yeshua!

amother
Honey

Post Mon, Apr 22 2024, 5:45 am
I can imagine the stress and I'm feeling with you! Especially on erev Yom Tov. Please Hashem let OP's money just fall into her lap - quickly!! May you go into yt not just with peace but with joy.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 22 2024, 6:06 am
I’m crying. Thanks all for your sympathy, brachos and tefillos. It means more than you’ll ever know.

amother
Papayawhip

Post Mon, Apr 22 2024, 6:10 am
OP, please reach out to your utility companies and ask them for an extension. BezH the money will come your way, and maybe you can buy yourself a bit of time.

Enjoy your chag Smile

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Apr 22 2024, 6:34 am
I really hope something suddenly comes through. Like a tax refund or someone owed you money or an unexpected gift…
I hope you have a beautiful Yom Tov! ❤️

amother
Aster

Post Mon, Apr 22 2024, 6:41 am
amother Aquamarine wrote:
I really hope something suddenly comes through. Like a tax refund or someone owed you money or an unexpected gift…
I hope you have a beautiful Yom Tov! ❤️

Gonna throw out there in case it helps you like it saved us- someone reminded me to check if I had fsa money that had been withheld (either childcare or medical) that I could put in for reimbursement.

abound

Post Mon, Apr 22 2024, 7:17 am
I davened for you.
May you have a calm and beautiful Yom Tov!!!

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Apr 22 2024, 7:21 am
amother Aster wrote:
Gonna throw out there in case it helps you like it saved us- someone reminded me to check if I had fsa money that had been withheld (either childcare or medical) that I could put in for reimbursement.

You can also check you states unclaimed funds website. Though it won’t come before Yt..

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 22 2024, 10:18 am
Thanks again for all the tefillos. Still don’t have anything but every tefillah helps!

amother
Pansy

Post Mon, Apr 22 2024, 10:22 am
Hugs OP! We only paid 1/2 of our rent for this month so far and we're 3 months behind on the electric bill. It's stressful but it will pass. Hoping you get your miracle before Yom Tov so you can go into the chag with peace of mind!

amother
Phlox

Post Mon, Apr 22 2024, 10:22 am
Do you have any friends or family members that you can ask for a loan? Or your rav?

I’m really so sorry you’re going through this.

amother
Petunia

Post Mon, Apr 22 2024, 1:21 pm
Op, I’m sorry you are going through this. I have been in your shoes. Utility, call the company and ask them for a payment plan and make sure you are on all the programs available in your state.
You won’t get shut off if you call them and make a payment plan.
Rent, can you call your Rav or a family member to borrow. Did you apply for taxes yet, I hope you get back a nice refund to tide you over. May a yeshua come very soon.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics