Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Pesach Recipes
Which recipes did you like from Real Life Pesach Cooking
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Butterscotch

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 10:06 pm
acctmommy wrote:
It was delish without the glaze. I don’t see why you couldn’t use water anyway… it calls for so little almond milk

Thanks!

srbmom

Post Thu, Apr 25 2024, 12:13 am
So many recipes I made were from this cookbook and every single thing so far has been delicious. This is my first year cooking the entire pesach with guests, and I don't know how I would have done it without this cookbook

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Apr 25 2024, 12:23 am
I plan to make

Doughless knishes
Apricot chicken

I already made
Glazed carrots - very good!

I know I made more, but I don’t have my menu in front of me now to see where each thing was from.

ttbtbm

Post Thu, Apr 25 2024, 12:34 am
I’m really enjoying the cookbook. Made a few things that were delish. My personal favorite was the secret sauce.

nicole81

Post Thu, Apr 25 2024, 3:46 am
How prolific is mayonnaise in the recipes?

watergirl

Post Thu, Apr 25 2024, 8:17 am
The homemade cheese snack!!! I did cheese snack math, and it was cheaper to make it, even with buying the ramekins, than buying two J&J cheese snacks for each person in my house (not a ton - those things are expensive!). Cheese snack is one of the main treats we buy on pesach, so this was a huge score, and healthy(ish)!. I made about 25 and they are all gone. I have to make more tonight.

srbmom

Post Thu, Apr 25 2024, 11:43 am
Quote:
How prolific is mayonnaise in the recipes

So far all I've made with mayonnaise was the salad dressings
I don't remember any other recipes with it

And she has a recipe for homemade mayonnaise-I had already bought this year so didn't need it yet, but definitely plan on trying it for second days

cupcake123

Post Thu, Apr 25 2024, 11:59 am
Doughless knishes are on her blog so I made them although don't have the cookbook yet. My kids loved them and they're so easy to serve and bring along chol homoed

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Apr 25 2024, 1:44 pm
So I looked at my menu, and here’s what I have:

First days:
Matzah balls and pulled beef (the meat was amazing, the matzah balls didn’t cook so well)
Glazed carrots (a hit)
Silan glazed Brussels sprouts (another hit)
Lemon glazed baby potatoes (ok but not a huge hit)
General tso chicken (really good!!)

For shabbos and second days I’m making:
Doughless knishes
Pastrami wrapped drumsticks
Mushrooms and pearl onions
Apricot chicken

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, Apr 25 2024, 2:21 pm
amother Papaya wrote:
The author has (rightfully) asked that people not share recipes, as it impedes her parnasa. She shares some recipes on her blog and social media, but others are only in her cook books.

If the recipe she’s looking for is available in Between Carpools, it’s probably okay.

amother
Forsythia

Post Thu, Apr 25 2024, 3:36 pm
I would be interested in purchasing the cookbook but use limited ingredients. Can anyone tell me if the recipes use a lot of herbs, non peelable vegetables, store bought sauces and baking stuff like baking powder, vanilla pudding etc?

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, Apr 25 2024, 5:56 pm
watergirl wrote:
The homemade cheese snack!!! I did cheese snack math, and it was cheaper to make it, even with buying the ramekins, than buying two J&J cheese snacks for each person in my house (not a ton - those things are expensive!). Cheese snack is one of the main treats we buy on pesach, so this was a huge score, and healthy(ish)!. I made about 25 and they are all gone. I have to make more tonight.

Does it taste like the one from the store?

srbmom

Post Thu, Apr 25 2024, 6:25 pm
Quote:
I would be interested in purchasing the cookbook but use limited ingredients. Can anyone tell me if the recipes use a lot of herbs, non peelable vegetables, store bought sauces and baking stuff like baking powder, vanilla pudding etc?

Herbs - like spices? Yes, everything uses basic spices - lots of garlic, parsley, ginger (I skipped because we don't like the flavor)
Vegetables - I think most of what I made you can peel all the vegetables
Store bought sauces- almost none. She has a homemade recipe for BBQ sauce. A few recipes call for tomato sauce, but otherwise I can't think of any condiments needed
Baking stuff - baking powder yes, in a few places she says you can skip it. Vanilla powder - maybe a few recipes

Overall, I do think you'd be able to make a good amount of the recipes with little or no modifications

watergirl

Post Thu, Apr 25 2024, 6:47 pm
amother Crimson wrote:
Does it taste like the one from the store?
yes! Not an exact dupe but really close and just as satisfying. Actually, more satisfying because it’s healthier and cheaper.

amother
Snowdrop

Post Thu, Apr 25 2024, 7:42 pm
I wouldn't be able to use this cookbook for pesach due to our minhagim. Wondering if it's a good cookbook for during the year if I want to eat less processed foods and gluten free? Aside for the baking section obviously, is it a healthier/cleaner ingredients cookbook?

amother
DarkCyan

Post Thu, Apr 25 2024, 7:59 pm
amother Snowdrop wrote:
I wouldn't be able to use this cookbook for pesach due to our minhagim. Wondering if it's a good cookbook for during the year if I want to eat less processed foods and gluten free? Aside for the baking section obviously, is it a healthier/cleaner ingredients cookbook?

Not necessarily cleaner. Some recipes natural some not. Here are some samples.

https://betweencarpools.com/mi.....cken/

https://overtimecook.com/2015/.....over/

https://betweencarpools.com/mi.....cake/

amother
DarkCyan

Post Thu, Apr 25 2024, 8:16 pm
amother Snowdrop wrote:

Have you tried the Passover Made Easy cookbook from Leah Shapira? More than half of the recipes you'd be able to follow if you use minimal ingredients. She's the one who created the famous homemade duck sauce recipe made with orange juice and red onions.

out-of-towner

Post Thu, Apr 25 2024, 8:20 pm
watergirl wrote:
yes! Not an exact dupe but really close and just as satisfying. Actually, more satisfying because it’s healthier and cheaper.

Thanks for the feedback! My kids are inhaling the J&J cheese snacks. I don't think I have Koach to make the ones from the cookbook this year but I will consider it for next year.

out-of-towner

Post Thu, Apr 25 2024, 8:22 pm
We have really enjoyed the salted caramel fudge. I'm not one to Patchka but this was easy and delicious. Also the chocolate cake and brownies were enjoyed by all, and I look forward to making the corned beef coleslaw and the spaghetti squash cabbage and noodles for last days IYH.

amother
Snowdrop

Post Thu, Apr 25 2024, 9:24 pm
amother DarkCyan wrote:
Have you tried the Passover Made Easy cookbook from Leah Shapira? More than half of the recipes you'd be able to follow if you use minimal ingredients. She's the one who created the famous homemade duck sauce recipe made with orange juice and red onions.

Na. I literally use no ingredients, there isn't a cookbook that I can use.
But I would buy it for the year if it was less processed and healthy.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics