Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Thank you

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 8:32 am
Long story just to say Thank you to the man in the ice cream store.

I was in an ice cream store yesterday with my teenage sister, baby daughter and 11 year old niece who is sensitive. After ordering and getting what we wanted she decided that she also wanted a waffle. The line was long so didn't have patience to wait so gave her the cc to go order and pay.

A while later she came crying to me hysterically and didn't want to say why. After a few moments, she told me that people behind in line kept cutting in front of her. As a sensitive girl this made her feel very hurt and disrespected.

I went up to the register a little heated and told them that she was waiting on line and people were cutting. And gave in her order.

One guy that cut in front of her (she is really petite and he wasn't the first to cut. He just went after the person in front of him. )Heard what happened and felt so bad especially after seeing how hurt she was. He kept apologizing and asking if she's okay. And then he made her feel like a million dollars by offering to buy anything she wants and paying for it.

In my eyes this was a kiddush hashem!! People could make mistakes but the way he made a little girl feel important and seen and took ownership of the mistake just made me so proud to be a jew.

If this is your husband you should be proud!!!

Just wanted to share but don't really want any judgment and want to only see the positives in this story and about jews.

amother
Currant

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 1:34 am
Wow! Beautiful, thanks for sharing! We need to remember that other yidden are not out to hurt each other, they may have thought that she was with another person etc. Learning from this that we need to be Don Lekav Zcus. May we have peace in klal Yisroel.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette