Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Pesach Recipes
Instapot

Tzutzie

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 10:14 am
I see Watergirl mentioned she uses instapot before pesach.
I got a new instapot as a gift and put it away for pesach.
I'm usually very traditional. I use oven and flame. In the past 6 years that I've owned a microwave/convection oven combo I've probably used the microwave option a handful of times mostly to pop microwave popcorn.....
Earlier this hear I bought an air fryer but then it was too heavy and didn't fit in the easily accessible place I was gonna store it. (Had it not been so heavy I'd store it elsewhere. Had it been a bit smaller and still be heavy I'd store it in the original place I intended for it. Out on the counter wasn't an option. Too little counter space in my tiny kitchen. A smaller air fryer wouldn't feed my family in one go. So that wasnt an option either.) And so, I sadly eneded up returning it.

So now with all the background info and random detials of my shopping and kitchen space trials and tribulations you didn't need to know....

What do you make in the instapot? How long do you cook chicken in it? Can you make soups? Potatoes? Meat?

Please let share everything about it. Tips and tricks.
I'd love to try something new for pesach.

watergirl

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 10:17 am
I make:
Eggs
Butternut squash for kugel
Soup
Meatballs
Chicken
Roast
Matza balls
G fish
Quinoa

For some things, it’s quicker. For other things, it’s not quicker, but it’s very convenient if you are like me and do not like to babysit the stove.

teachkids

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 10:24 am
I find it makes the world's best chicken soup.

Basically things that you're going to want to cook in liquid are good in it.

mha3484

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 10:29 am
It produces a very similar result to a stove top recipe just without babystting the pot and in 1/3rd the time. Also eggs peel sooooo much easier. Same with tongue if you make that. So whatever recipe youd make in a pot, you can make in the IP just for 1/3rd the amount of time.

amother
Gray

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 12:07 am
My instant pot has been on for the past 14 hours. First I did 10 lbs of onions (mostly slow cook but started on sauté)
Then did 3 packages of mushrooms (on sautée function)
Then did a delmonico roast
Then a chuck roast
Now a pastrami
Next will be chicken soup
Then will be matza balls

I froze the onions, left some in to flavor the mushrooms. Froze the mushrooms, used some to flavor the first roast. Only time I will wash it is between the pastrami and soup.
I absolutely love my instapot for Pesach.
Anon bc I tell ppl I do this every erev Pesach.
Hatzlacha with your cooking!

Mommyg8

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 12:18 am
I agree it makes the world's best chicken soup.

It works well for soups and stews, also meatballs. You can really cook anything in the instapot, actually, but soups and stews is what it really shines at.

It's a bit of a learning curve to start but I think it is so worth it. Even if doesn't take less time to cook, the positive is that you set it and walk away. I just tried to make applesauce and I have a burned pot soaking right now... this wouldn't have happened if I had used the instapot.

mushkamothers

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 12:42 am
Steamed beets for salad. And steamed Japanese yams- mix with ground meat and caramelized sautéed diced onions. I make it year round it's so good.
(And eggs, gefilte, soup, applesauce as mentioned)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics