Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
OOPS Dawn I bought in Aisle 9 Jackson has a hard to find OU
Previous  1  2

amother
Rose

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 8:48 am
ra_mom wrote:
Double check your bottle.
My blue dawn ultra has a hidden ou under the D of dawn in dark on dark lettering so it's hard to find.
My pink dawn gentle pomegranate and rosewater bottle has a small ou all the way on the bottom right in front of the D of dishwasher liquid.
I didn't buy them at Jewish stores.

Thank you! I got so nervous with this thread because I couldn’t find the Ou But with your instructions I did

amother
Snapdragon

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 9:16 am
amother Charcoal wrote:
On pesach we are careful about chometz in all products. Pretty sure we all have to be and it’s a basic. And yes a dog would eat soap. It’s not like year round where things don’t need hechsher if it’s not food.

I also used to think that everyone is careful about chometz in all products. We bought R Blumenkrantz book every year and we would go shopping with the book. And then I got married and I found out that many very frum people use all the same products that they use all year round. My kids have never seen R Blumenkrantz book, I don't think they know it exists. Our rav even holds that we can use any lipstick, I don't even have to buy a new one, I can just wipe off the top layer of the one I've been using and use it over pesach.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 10:03 am
amother Snapdragon wrote:
Our rav even holds that we can use any lipstick, I don't even have to buy a new one, I can just wipe off the top layer of the one I've been using and use it over pesach.

Id looooove to know which Rav. Id save buying new lipstick every year.

Anyone knows what R Elefant of OU or the "CRC" says about lipstick on Pesach?

amother
Pansy

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 10:32 am
amother Snapdragon wrote:
I also used to think that everyone is careful about chometz in all products. We bought R Blumenkrantz book every year and we would go shopping with the book. And then I got married and I found out that many very frum people use all the same products that they use all year round. My kids have never seen R Blumenkrantz book, I don't think they know it exists. Our rav even holds that we can use any lipstick, I don't even have to buy a new one, I can just wipe off the top layer of the one I've been using and use it over pesach.

Same. I heard it’s better to buy a new lipstick though. But we don’t switch shampoos or soaps or anything, even if it’s oatmeal and flaxseed etc

Cheiny

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 3:45 pm
amother OP wrote:
Edited: OOPS Dawn I just bought in Aisle 9 Jackson has a microscopic size same color as background OU.

The Star K list says Dawn is good, doesn’t require a P.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 5:35 pm
Dawn not having a P isnt a problem with most Hashgachas (Blumenkrantz for one). But it should have an OU.

Its the just about invisible OU thats the problem.

Everything has a reason. I assume the reason that they HIDE the OU so well that you cant see it, is that they get asked what the OU symbol is, and they dont want to explain.

Can anyone else think of another reason?

dena613

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 1:41 am
Cheiny wrote:
The Star K list says Dawn is good, doesn’t require a P.

If it has year-round certification it doesn't need a P. Just looked at star k's list.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries