Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
How often

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 16 2024, 7:09 am
Hi experienced homemakers! I’m hoping some of you can help guide me on how often I should be doing some of these chores.
How often do you:
Change your sponges
Clean out the inside and outside of the garbage bin
Wash your rags
Wash the fabric shower curtain
Change the plastic shower curtain
Clean baseboards
Clean the inside of the oven (not self clean)
My mother always answers me with when you see it’s necessary but I can’t always figure that much out Wink I’m more of a schedule person than the as needed type

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Apr 16 2024, 7:14 am
amother OP wrote:
Hi experienced homemakers! I’m hoping some of you can help guide me on how often I should be doing some of these chores.
How often do you:
Change your sponges
Clean out the inside and outside of the garbage bin
Wash your rags
Wash the fabric shower curtain
Change the plastic shower curtain
Clean baseboards
Clean the inside of the oven (not self clean)
My mother always answers me with when you see it’s necessary but I can’t always figure that much out Wink I’m more of a schedule person than the as needed type

If you need a schedule, do everything every four weeks, rotating. One week wash rags and shower curtain. One week change sponges and plastic curtain. One week do the garbage can. One week do oven and baseboards.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Apr 16 2024, 7:19 am
Ema of 5 wrote:
If you need a schedule, do everything every four weeks, rotating. One week wash rags and shower curtain. One week change sponges and plastic curtain. One week do the garbage can. One week do oven and baseboards.

I agree with this, except the rags need to be washed 2x per week.
Outer shower curtain only needs 2x a year, or when it gets dirty.

Last edited by ra_mom on Tue, Apr 16 2024, 7:26 am; edited 1 time in total

ganmama

Post Tue, Apr 16 2024, 7:22 am
We switch out sponges when they get stinky or have something on them that’s icky and won’t come off.

I don’t think I’ve ever washed the outside of my garbage can unless something spilled on it. The lid and insert get done when they stink or have visible gunk on them.

I was rags after I use them, so I normally do a load a week of dish towels, rags, and mop towels.

Growing up we only washed the facing shower curtain if it got visibly dirty- so very rarely. The plastic you could wipe down with a cleaning wipe every week or every other week.

I clean my baseboards for Pesach, and that’s it…
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry