Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
And we just keep going

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 15 2024, 3:03 am
I’m tired tonight. I’m worn out, ground down struggling physically emotionally and spiritually . But you know what? In spite of it all… I’m still here. I know Hashem does what’s best for me and I’m not obligated to enjoy the process. My hair is covered, my kitchen is kosher. I believe in the yud gimel ikkrim. I’m tired but I still keep going
Can anyone relate? Can anyone think of someone in their life that has just been flattened by challenges and keeps believing?

amother
Nemesia

Post Mon, Apr 15 2024, 3:14 am
So flattened. I don't have the energy to improve myself, so I hope that raising my family and keeping basic mitzvos is enough.

Success10

Post Mon, Apr 15 2024, 3:20 am
That's why Abie Rottenberg's "The man from Vilna" is my favorite song ever. It's about the endurance of the Jewish people, coming from the darkest of times, and dancing and singing despite it. Or rather because of it.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Apr 15 2024, 3:45 am
Success10 wrote:
That's why Abie Rottenberg's "The man from Vilna" is my favorite song ever. It's about the endurance of the Jewish people, coming from the darkest of times, and dancing and singing despite it. Or rather because of it.

Takes on new significance after this past Simchat Torah.

Success10

Post Mon, Apr 15 2024, 3:48 am
amother Lawngreen wrote:
Takes on new significance after this past Simchat Torah.

For sure. I saw a video of an event in Toronto that took place soon after 10/7. Rottenberg was there and guess which song he sang?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational