Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Medicaid vs essential plan 1

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 14 2024, 1:03 am
Anyone know what is the difference between the 2 insurance plans?

Does essential plan 1 coverage equal medicaid coverage?

amother
Strawberry

Post Sun, Apr 14 2024, 2:48 am
I don’t think you get to pick
It friends in your income
And each one you have to pick an hmo
For example you can have fidelis Medicaid and fidelis essential plan or child health plus

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 14 2024, 3:36 am
I was on medicaid Fidelis and was switched to essential plan. Income wise, I'm eligible for medicaid so not sure what's going on

amother
Maple

Post Sun, Apr 14 2024, 4:07 am
You get switched if your income is a little higher than the Medicaid bracket. It’s almost the same but you will be paying a little copay on your medications. I recently picked up meds for $15 $6 $6 and $0.20. But when I switched the woman told me usually $1-2 copays. I Guess my medications are more expensive than normal 🤷‍♀️

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 14 2024, 4:21 am
I got switched but my income bracket is definitely below medicaid bracket. That's why I'm confused.

seeker

Post Sun, Apr 14 2024, 9:11 am
It's terrible! In my experience all the good doctors who took Medicaid wouldn't take essential plan. It was so frustrating it made me consider decreasing my income! If you're making enough to improve your lifestyle then you gotta stick it out but if you're closer to the cutoff idk.

No idea if anything changed because my experience was a number of years ago.

amother
Opal

Post Sun, Apr 14 2024, 10:34 am
Doctors office here: it really doesn’t make a difference essential vs medicaid. On the reimbursement side they’re both equal minus a small co-pay that an essential plan Patient needs to pay. To the person above who said that the doctor would accept Medicaid, but not essential plane, are you sure ? are you perhaps on one of the metal bronze/silver/ gold plans those are really bad because most of the time they don’t kick in until you spend a lot out of pocket like $2500 and up.
Also from the dental side, I’m not sure how essential plane is like do they cover braces because for example, child health plus which is also a plan and has much more generous income brackets doesn’t cover braces.

cnc

Post Sun, Apr 14 2024, 10:36 am
amother OP wrote:
I got switched but my income bracket is definitely below medicaid bracket. That's why I'm confused.

It might have been an error.

seeker

Post Sun, Apr 14 2024, 10:49 am
amother Opal wrote:
Doctors office here: it really doesn’t make a difference essential vs medicaid. On the reimbursement side they’re both equal minus a small co-pay that an essential plan Patient needs to pay. To the person above who said that the doctor would accept Medicaid, but not essential plane, are you sure ? are you perhaps on one of the metal bronze/silver/ gold plans those are really bad because most of the time they don’t kick in until you spend a lot out of pocket like $2500 and up.
Also from the dental side, I’m not sure how essential plane is like do they cover braces because for example, child health plus which is also a plan and has much more generous income brackets doesn’t cover braces.

Essential plan. Again, this was years ago so I don't know if anything changed. My primary care doctor still took me but anyone else was only medicaid.

I think Medicaid must pay well because now I'm on non-government insurance through work and it's so hard to find providers. My kids are still on CHP (basically Medicaid) and they have everything.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries