Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Tips and hacks in the kitchen and beyond

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 12 2024, 1:13 pm
If you open a drawer and take out a pen but it doesn't work DON'T PUT IT BACK. Why have the same experience again next time? Just trash it!

Also, a pencil works every time. Stock up on some sharpened pencils for emergencies.

amother
Amber

Post Fri, Apr 12 2024, 4:46 pm
Add things to your grocery list AS YOU RUN OUT, don't wait until before shopping, you'll forget that you finished the parsley/mustard....

613mitzvahgirl

Post Fri, Apr 12 2024, 4:55 pm
Place kitchen garbage bags in a pretty shoebox and put it on the counter and this way it will be easier to take it as needed.

zaq

Post Sat, Apr 13 2024, 11:09 pm
Put items on your shopping list BEFORE you run out, when you notice they're running low. Then you will a. never run out and b. be able to buy them on sale rather than pay full price.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sat, Apr 13 2024, 11:17 pm
Staples always have a spare. E.g. I always have 2 salts, as soon as I open the new one, it goes on my shipping list. I never have an emergency for those items.

patzer

Post Sun, Apr 14 2024, 12:45 am
amother OP wrote:
If you open a drawer and take out a pen but it doesn't work DON'T PUT IT BACK. Why have the same experience again next time? Just trash it!

Also, a pencil works every time. Stock up on some sharpened pencils for emergencies.

LOL we must be related.
I sometimes reach into my pantry for a box of crackers/granola bars/whatever. I look into the box, find it empty, shrug and put it back on the shelf.
Not very practical...but at least Pesach cleaning can be entertaining.... Tongue Out

readreread

Post Sun, Apr 14 2024, 7:16 am
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
Staples always have a spare. E.g. I always have 2 salts, as soon as I open the new one, it goes on my shipping list. I never have an emergency for those items.

This reminded me to order more olive oil. Thank you!

readreread

Post Sun, Apr 14 2024, 7:18 am
Put a muslin flour bag towel in your crisper drawer and remove all leafy greens from their plastic. Keeps them fresh longer.

Line shelves in fridge with mats for easier cleaning. (Wirecutter has good suggestions.)

Use surgical towels as rags. Cheap and absorbent. You can find on Amazon.

Remove stems and leaves from strawberries, rinse, and immediately put in ceramic berry holder. Lasts way longer that way.

I’m also ride or die for the Bissell electric spray mop.

amother
Skyblue

Post Sun, Apr 14 2024, 7:54 am
Robot vacuum. Worth every penny

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Apr 14 2024, 8:03 am
When cooking A LOT put a disposable tablecloth down for easy cleanup

Permanent Marker works on foil
Label or your trays

Bnei Berak 10

Post Sun, Apr 14 2024, 8:05 am
patzer wrote:
LOL we must be related.
I sometimes reach into my pantry for a box of crackers/granola bars/whatever. I look into the box, find it empty, shrug and put it back on the shelf.
Not very practical...but at least Pesach cleaning can be entertaining.... Tongue Out

But why do you leave empty boxes in the first place? Scratching Head

Bnei Berak 10

Post Sun, Apr 14 2024, 8:11 am
Keep a list all year around in your wallet or phone of items you need to buy for Pesach. You see a good sale in the summer? Check your list and buy for Pesach.
This prevents also buying items you already have.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Sun, Apr 14 2024, 8:17 am
Read through a new receipe from to beginning to the end, including ingredients.
You'll have a better understanding and feel more secure.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry