Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Help- ADHD meds young kids

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 05 2024, 9:09 am
I have to hide my son's adhd meds in his food. It's such a struggle to get him to want food that it can be hidden in. I have to get very creative and any time he notices it he flat out refuses to finish it. The problem is he doesn't function without it, gets in trouble in school etc. I need help. Please share any ideas to avoid the power struggle and fight

oneofakind

Post Fri, Apr 05 2024, 10:32 am
Can you get a medication patch to just stick on? If it's liquid why can't he just take it with a sweet drink?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 05 2024, 11:23 am
oneofakind wrote:
Can you get a medication patch to just stick on? If it's liquid why can't he just take it with a sweet drink?

It's not liquid

oneofakind

Post Fri, Apr 05 2024, 11:36 am
Have you spoken to the doctor to switch it to liquid or patch?

amother
Dimgray

Post Fri, Apr 05 2024, 12:05 pm
I don't miss those days!!!
We tried Applesauce, yogurt, and chocolate Fudge!!
I made a thicker Fudge-at least it was sort of a treat .
But The medicine didn't dissolve. There was nothing I found that actually hid it.
It was a fight E. V. E. R. Y morning. BH once we started to swallow it was easier.
Good luck!!!!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 12 2024, 8:46 am
I literally can't take it anymore with him. At this point I really dislike being around him with the fights he puts up with every morning. Something must change!

dragoneye126

Post Fri, Apr 12 2024, 9:26 am
You can try what I did: bribe your kid to learn how to swallow a pill. There are videos on YouTube that show to to work up from a sprinkle to a tic-tac to a pill. Ask your kid what it would take for them to learn, then make it happen. It was an American Girl doll for us 🙄 but it was worth it. We still fight about taking the pills, but only for about 10 seconds a day.

amother
Cinnamon

Post Fri, Apr 12 2024, 9:44 am
My young son swallows pills and it's still a fight every day.
oppositional anyone?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 12 2024, 10:02 am
amother Cinnamon wrote:
My young son swallows pills and it's still a fight every day.
oppositional anyone?

Yes I can imagine if he'd swallow pills it'll be the same story. He'll just fight me about swallowing it. So what do you do?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 12 2024, 10:02 am
dragoneye126 wrote:
You can try what I did: bribe your kid to learn how to swallow a pill. There are videos on YouTube that show to to work up from a sprinkle to a tic-tac to a pill. Ask your kid what it would take for them to learn, then make it happen. It was an American Girl doll for us 🙄 but it was worth it. We still fight about taking the pills, but only for about 10 seconds a day.

Thank you. I will try but knowing him it'll be the same fight even with swallowing
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)