Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Attractions in orlando other than the theme parks

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 02 2023, 9:16 am
Ill be spending Sunday-Thursday in Orlando and ive graduated the theme parks at my age and stage... weve done it numerous times before. Im looking for fun and relaxing attractions instead... Anyone with suggestions?
TIA

amother
Seafoam

Post Fri, Jan 20 2023, 7:13 am
I came on to post the same question so I'm gonna bump this.
Any suggestions? We've done LegoLand, Crayola factory, Gatorland, kayaking, disney boardwalk. Would love more ideas.

amother
Acacia

Post Fri, Jan 20 2023, 7:48 am
We’ve done Orlando tree treck not relaxing but lots of fun with older kids. When we went a few years ago we had a Groupon

https://www.orlandotreetrek.com/

https://epicpaddleadventures.c.....w_wcB

You can also find water sports nearby not sure if they are open all year round

amother
Eggshell

Post Fri, Jan 20 2023, 7:53 am
I don't know if this is your thing but Kennedy Space Center is a beautiful about-hour drive from Orlando and super fascinating. There was a shuttle launch scheduled while we there, and we had planned to go watch. Unfortunately it ended up being cancelled, but there was still lots of stuff to see and explore. We spent a whole day there.

amother
Cinnamon

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 6:37 am
Bump. Looking for ideas for adults

amother
Magnolia

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 6:54 am
Lake Apopka is a drive through preserve where you see HUGE alligators and other wild life. Its absolutely beautiful. When we went, it was only open on the weekends so you'd have to do that on Sunday.

Also, we went to Harry P. Leu Gardens, they had free admission once and we lucked out, and we also enjoyed it very much. We did it with elementary-school aged kids, and even though they complained about it beforehand, they loved it once we got there. The trees look really different than the tri-state area trees and it was so cool to see!

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 2:04 am
My kids are 13, 9, 6, and 4. We want to do something fun but not an amusement park. Looking for more ideas

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 9:03 am
Bump

amother
Calendula

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 9:15 am
amother DarkMagenta wrote:
My kids are 13, 9, 6, and 4. We want to do something fun but not an amusement park. Looking for more ideas

These are nice ages for the Everglades.there are some places that have a mini animal museum type place attached as well.

lotta

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 9:40 am
Never been there personally, but check Bonnet Spring Park. It's about 40 min. away from Orlando. It looks stunning with an onsite children's museum.

You could do a day in Tampa or Clearwater Beach/ Kennedy Space station and Cocoa beach area...

https://www.visitorlando.com/t.....-many nice ideas.

There are plenty of mini golf and escape rooms in the area.

Have fun!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics