Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Good schools- MO OOT

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 10 2024, 6:59 pm
Looking to move out of town to a community with good modern orthodox schools. (Kids are young so preschool and day school atm, but will need high school eventually) Strong secular studies as well as judiac, strong emphasis on support of israel and hebrew language. (Can someone please tell me how we spend soo much money on tuition just for our kids to not even be able to order a fallafel in hebrew xD) Also a student body of mostly Shomer Shabbat families. I find that some schools cater to seemingly "modern othodox" but in reality many families aren't MO and don't even keep shabbat.

We also need to be able to afford a comfortable house under 650 if possible.

So far we are looking at Cleveland, Columbus, but would also look into someplace warmer, maybe a smaller community in Florida? We don't want a NY vibe. We would look at silver springs if not for the cost of living in that community. We are open to places in the tri-state area if they are smaller and feel "out of town" and affordable

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, Apr 10 2024, 7:08 pm
I wonder if other people are also stuck in the Hebrew language requirement. It is hard for many to really feel comfortable speaking another language.

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, Apr 10 2024, 7:30 pm
What does MO mean to you? Are you comfortable with coed?

mha3484

Post Wed, Apr 10 2024, 7:39 pm
Skokie has options that would work for you.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 10 2024, 9:27 pm
Yes- coed is fine!

shanie5

Post Wed, Apr 10 2024, 10:24 pm
Check into Scanton and BSA-Beth Shalom Academy. The school sounds like it fits most of your criteria. If you pm me I can give you contact information for the head of the school.

amother
Daylily

Post Wed, Apr 10 2024, 11:11 pm
My first vote was going to be Silver Spring until I read about the expense. How about Houston? Boca Raton?

TwinsMommy

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 1:34 am
I'm in Cleveland and I believe most of the families at the MO school are shomer Shabbat. I was babysitting last night at a family from that school and was peeking through the directory while the kids were sleeping and the great majority live in Beachwood ---- some in SE or UH or Solon, and then a tiny handful not in walking distance of a shul. (In Solon there is a Chabad). Most of the families feed up from the lower school but there is a handful some years in the upper grades that come from Schechter or Mandel which aren't Orthodox since there is no non Orthodox Jewish high school here currently.

Besides all of that, the secular studies there is STRONG and it's a very good school. I was hoping to send one of my kids there but it wasn't right for her.

Very strong support for Israel and in fact I believe most graduates spend a year or more in Israel after high school.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics