Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Obese + dieting How much weight to lose before a/o notices??
Previous  1  2

amother
Lemonlime

Post Wed, Apr 10 2024, 9:02 am
Weight loss is extremely slow for me due to medical factors. I am with you OP. I lost about 15 lb and I don't think anyone noticed. I think I can lose at least 10 more pounds and still not need to buy new clothes. The bulges everywhere will decrease, but it's not like someone size 6 losing weight.
It's annoying when no one notices, but gives me even more reason to say the weight loss is for myself. I want to look good and feel good about myself.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 10 2024, 9:12 am
amother Catmint wrote:
If it’s for you, why do the opinions of others matter? Also, some people find commenting on weight uncomfortable. I’m one of them.

Did you read my posts or just the thread title??

I explained both of your false premises.

1. I don't want the opinions of others, but I was using this as a barometer for my weight loss.
2. I am referring to a few specific close family members who don't find commenting on my weight uncomfortable. Nothing to do with you or your preferences.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 10 2024, 9:12 am
amother Lemonlime wrote:
Weight loss is extremely slow for me due to medical factors. I am with you OP. I lost about 15 lb and I don't think anyone noticed. I think I can lose at least 10 more pounds and still not need to buy new clothes. The bulges everywhere will decrease, but it's not like someone size 6 losing weight.
It's annoying when no one notices, but gives me even more reason to say the weight loss is for myself. I want to look good and feel good about myself.

Thanks for this, nice that someone can relate (but stinks for both of us how slow we lose weight!)

Imabubby60

Post Wed, Apr 10 2024, 11:20 pm
Wow, you are BH doing great! Keep concentrating on your healthy eating and activities and be proud of taking such great care of yourself! A 20lb weight loss has a very significant positive impact on your health. My weight loss has been extremely slow, 30-35 pounds in about 15 months, but I think the changes in my diet are sustainable long term. I still need to lose 50lbs to be a reasonable weight (only obese lol), and 100lbs to be a normal weight.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise