Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
What do you do when you have stomachache?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 09 2024, 4:31 pm
Sorry if TMI, but what do you do if you’re having stomach issue and need to spend a lot of time in the bathroom? And baby is crying? He’s not hungry or dirty, I checked, he just wants to be held

amother
Sage

Post Tue, Apr 09 2024, 4:33 pm
I take them with me and hold them 😆

amother
Phlox

Post Tue, Apr 09 2024, 4:45 pm
Turn on music
Bouncer
Swing
Infant seat
Pacifier
Crib
Mobile
Let them cry. They'll be ok.

amother
Peru

Post Tue, Apr 09 2024, 4:51 pm
Bring a bouncer or something and leave it at the door so you can talk to him.

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Apr 09 2024, 5:01 pm
I have a bathroom attached to my bedroom. I lock the door of the bedroom so no other kids can come in and put the baby down in my bedroom with a few toys or a small snack, and leave the bathroom door open. That way the baby is being taken care of but can crawl to me if he gets upset.

oneofakind

Post Tue, Apr 09 2024, 6:55 pm
Take baby in with me so at least he sees me.
Refuah Sheleima!

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Apr 09 2024, 7:05 pm
This reminds me of a strange story that happened when I was a teen: I was once babysitting a toddler boy and needed to use the bathroom. The parents came home while I was in the bathroom (no stomachache), and they asked me to take him in with me next time. Super super weird.

With my oldest who had colic, I did end up bringing her in with me, and I asked the dr about it, and she said it’s okay to leave her in her crib for a few minutes so I can have my space/privacy. She’s safe.

My second didn’t have colic, and it wasn’t an issue. She played in her playpen with some toys. Night and day difference when you have a baby with colic and without.

I think anything you do is fine as long as you’re comfortable and she is safe. It’s perfectly normal to use the bathroom and come back a few minutes later, especially after checking that everything else is taken care of, like you said you do.

amother
Dustypink

Post Tue, Apr 09 2024, 9:10 pm
I would always hold my baby on the toilet, otherwise I would be so rushed because she would be screaming

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Tue, Apr 09 2024, 9:13 pm
Bring them with me with an infant seat

tichellady

Post Tue, Apr 09 2024, 9:15 pm
amother Plum wrote:
This reminds me of a strange story that happened when I was a teen: I was once babysitting a toddler boy and needed to use the bathroom. The parents came home while I was in the bathroom (no stomachache), and they asked me to take him in with me next time. Super super weird.

With my oldest who had colic, I did end up bringing her in with me, and I asked the dr about it, and she said it’s okay to leave her in her crib for a few minutes so I can have my space/privacy. She’s safe.

My second didn’t have colic, and it wasn’t an issue. She played in her playpen with some toys. Night and day difference when you have a baby with colic and without.

I think anything you do is fine as long as you’re comfortable and she is safe. It’s perfectly normal to use the bathroom and come back a few minutes later, especially after checking that everything else is taken care of, like you said you do.

I actually don’t think it’s super weird. He might not be ok to be left alone which is not so uncommon for a toddler boy
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics