Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Frontier spirit

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 1:07 pm
Anyone know if I would be able to hold a box of Matzah to bring on the plane as a personal handbag at no charge?

shanie5

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 3:47 pm
If it's all you are carrying, then fine. If you're taking a backpack or similar also, it's not ok. They let only 1 item. A handbag is 1 item. A backpack would make it 2 items.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 3:54 pm
shanie5 wrote:
If it's all you are carrying, then fine. If you're taking a backpack or similar also, it's not ok. They let only 1 item. A handbag is 1 item. A backpack would make it 2 items.

I'll take only the matzah, but it won't be too bulky? you can take a large shopping bag?
I remember they give a hard time at the gate with hand luggage and you end up paying like 60-70 to check in...
Matzah is expensive enough as is

amother
Tanzanite

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 3:57 pm
Just so you're aware, they won't allow you to hold it on your lap during takeoff and landing. You would have to put it under the seat in front of you.

amother
Stone

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 3:58 pm
amother OP wrote:
I'll take only the matzah, but it won't be too bulky? you can take a large shopping bag?
I remember they give a hard time at the gate with hand luggage and you end up paying like 60-70 to check in...

I flew both recently with a large reusable shopping bag but it was plain black so looked like a large handbag

shanie5

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 4:10 pm
amother OP wrote:

They have measurements online for the size of a personal item. It's something like 18"×14"×8". So a 2lb box of matzo should be good. You should look up the measurements.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 09 2024, 12:51 pm
shanie5 wrote:
They have measurements online for the size of a personal item. It's something like 18"×14"×8". So a 2lb box of matzo should be good. You should look up the measurements.

Thanks everyone for all the info.
Anyone know how much spirit charges for luggage check in for a first and 2nd bag?

shanie5

Post Tue, Apr 09 2024, 3:46 pm
Depends on where you are flying and when you buy the bags. Its cheapest when booking the flight. Gets more expensive the closer you are to traveling.
Second bag is more expensive than first bag.also note that their weight limit is 40lbs per bag. Most airlines allow 50lbs per bag.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics