Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
What do you do when they JUST DONT LISTEN??
Previous  1  2

amother
Tealblue

Post Tue, Apr 09 2024, 10:43 am
A) It can help to carry for a bit to give a rest and then they can walk again, if that's an option and nothing else is working.

B) In general, if you hold her by the wrist instead of having her hold your hand, she can't let go. I don't use this all the time, but it can be very useful in situations where her letting go is not an option because of safety, like crossing a large street. She can use her hand to hold your wrist too so it's mutual, but you have her even if she lets go and tries to full away.

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, Apr 09 2024, 11:02 am
It's normal behavior. This is why I use a stroller for as long as the child needs it. What I would do in your situation is not make a big deal, no singing begging etc. Either just continue walking while motioning to child to follow & eventually they'll come running, or if you can hold them then do that.

SuperWify

Post Tue, Apr 09 2024, 11:28 am
A 3 year old?? Poor baby was probably tired.
My daughter is 3 and I still take the stroller every time we go out for a walk longer than down the block.

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Apr 09 2024, 11:44 am
Reminds me of when my child was two and we just walked outside together to get some fresh air. It was such a pleasant day, that we had walked a few blocks without even realizing how far we had gotten. On the way home she sat down for a minute or two every ten feet. I took a lot of breaks with her and carried her for the parts I could. Her tiny little legs couldn’t handle the long walk.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics