Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
How often do you professionally clean carpet?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 11:09 pm
My parents do it every other year, my in-laws never did it (even when moved to a new house and carpet was from prior owners which is a bit gross)
So I’m trying to figure out what the norm or standard is
We moved to our house in 2020, put in brand new carpet to replace all old ones, and cleaned it in 2022.. Last year we did some renovations that made a lot of dust so I’m thinking to do cleaning now before Pesach. Is that too soon since the last cleaning?

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 11:30 pm
We do it every Pesach we’re home. So most years it’s every year, but we did skip covid 2020. Never heard of cleaning carpets too frequently. The company we use has alot of regular customers, every year.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 11:31 pm
amother Seafoam wrote:
We do it every Pesach we’re home. So most years it’s every year, but we did skip covid 2020. Never heard of cleaning carpets too frequently. The company we use has alot of regular customers, every year.

Thanks!

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 11:33 pm
Looking for a recommended carpet cleaning company in Brooklyn

amother
Lightcyan

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 11:40 pm
Carpets are filthy. Imagine if you never washed your kitchen floor, only vacuumed it. When we bought our house the living room and playroom had carpet in it. I bought a carpet washer and washed the carpets every few weeks- and the filth that came off was nauseating. The water inside the machine would turn black. Mind you I would vacuum the living room and playroom every night, but it doesn’t cut it. Then I had a baby with allergies and I couldn’t put him down on the floor so we got rid of the carpets and I’m much happier. So no, it’s not too soon to have your carpets washed.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 11:45 pm
amother Lightcyan wrote:
Carpets are filthy. Imagine if you never washed your kitchen floor, only vacuumed it. When we bought our house the living room and playroom had carpet in it. I bought a carpet washer and washed the carpets every few weeks- and the filth that came off was nauseating. The water inside the machine would turn black. Mind you I would vacuum the living room and playroom every night, but it doesn’t cut it. Then I had a baby with allergies and I couldn’t put him down on the floor so we got rid of the carpets and I’m much happier. So no, it’s not too soon to have your carpets washed.

Thank you! I was starting to wonder if it’s a waste of money but your way of explaining it makes me realize that it’s more of a necessity than a luxury Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry