Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
If you had an especially fussy (non colic) baby

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 05 2024, 8:35 am
When (if ever) did they stop being especially fussy?

When my baby was in the hospital, he was normal, but just a few days after taking him home I recognized that he was fussier than my other babies had been. Now at 9 months, he is still fussier/more demanding. It is not colic.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 05 2024, 8:37 am
From what I understand, with colicy babies, you can't calm them down. With my baby, I can calm him down, but it's by either endlessly nursing him (he's fat and gets plenty) or by endlessly actively entertaining him.

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 1:01 am
my baby is 10 months now, and BH BH BH starting to calm down a bit more each day

FTR even in the hospital, the nurses kept commenting oh thats a fussy baby! I went to dr a few times to check that nothing is wrong because why does he CRY so much??
and yes, I nursed and rocked and sang and fed endlessly. I tried cranial therapy twice, it deff helped but didnt completely calm him.
but I am now seeing the end BH, he is already crawling around the house not always clinging to me. he eats cheerios by himself and is strating to be just a cute baby, not so demanding. you will get there too IYH!

gilamom

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 1:06 am
Stopping dairy worked for my baby.

amother
Hyssop

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 1:23 am
Mine is 18 months now and definitely nowhere near as fussy! Probably noticed the real difference at about a year old. Until then it was "gam zeh yaavor" and "for sure by the time he is 3 months... 6 months... 9 months..." lol.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 1:55 am
gilamom wrote:
Stopping dairy worked for my baby.

Does that include breastmilk?

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 2:11 am
amother OP wrote:

I also went off dairy when I had a fussy baby (so he didn’t get dairy from my milk) and found that it helped.

And also put him to sleep on his stomach.

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 2:19 am
amother Bluebonnet wrote:
I also went off dairy when I had a fussy baby (so he didn’t get dairy from my milk) and found that it helped.

And also put him to sleep on his stomach.

Please don't. It's not considered safe before 1 year. And every single mother should know this.

amother
NeonBlue

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 2:27 am
amother OP wrote:

No the reason to go off dairy would be so there is no dairy in your milk. If you stopped nursing what you ate we wouldn't affect your baby Smile

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 2:44 am
amother Sapphire wrote:
Please don't. It's not considered safe before 1 year. And every single mother should know this.

Obviously every person has to feel safe, so if you don’t, obviously don’t do it.

I actually put all of my kids to sleep on their stomachs and know soo many who do too. The mohel recommended it by my first and pointed out that the babies get stronger head muscles earlier.

I’ve seen it happen early on that my kids are able to move their heads around and get comfortable with changing sides and lifting the head when needed.

(My birthing class teacher told us about the mystery of Sid’s and said some research linked it to something put on mattresses so that they would not be flammable years ago & that a baby can lick it and be toxic. One opinion but seemed safe to me with a mattress protector and sheet.)

But it has been a game changer for me to feed at night at and let them burp naturally on their stomachs. I’m also a super light sleeper, so I’m very alert at any sound or movement.

But again, just do whatever you feel safe doing.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 4:40 am
amother NeonBlue wrote:
No the reason to go off dairy would be so there is no dairy in your milk. If you stopped nursing what you ate we wouldn't affect your baby Smile

Oh, I see, ME go off dairy. Gonna sound silly, but I don't think I'm willing. I actually love the taste of soymilk and it is high protein, but where I live cows milk is price controlled so it is about half the price of soy. Non-dairy cheeses are **** IMO: taste bad, unhealthy, expensive.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 4:42 am
I don't have an issue putting babies to sleep on their bellies. I did it with my other kids. THIS baby for some reason does not like to sleep on his belly. When he feels the pillow touch anywhere around his mouth it activates his rooting reflex and he wakes himself up by rooting 🤷‍♀️

imaima

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 4:44 am
amother OP wrote:
When (if ever) did they stop being especially fussy?

When my baby was in the hospital, he was normal, but just a few days after taking him home I recognized that he was fussier than my other babies had been. Now at 9 months, he is still fussier/more demanding. It is not colic.

It just melted into the terrible twos.

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 5:12 am
My baby was born screaming and was a very intense newborn
took until she was mobile to stop being so fussy but even then she was more then my other kids
And now as a 2 year old her personality is so intense!! She’s adorable but very intense lol

amother
Cornsilk

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 8:47 am
amother Sapphire wrote:

Once they can turn themselves onto their tummy on their own it's considered perfectly safe.

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 11:23 am
My baby just didnt sleep and was always fussy after we got home from the hospital. At 3 months we discovered a hernia and after surgery his "colic" improved a lot. But he's 2 now and he still doesn't sleep well. I did sleep train him at 9 months because it was out of hand (and he sleeps through the night since, but barely naps)
He does have the cutest happiest personality and loves to get into trouble! I sure hope my future babies are a lot easier.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 11:28 am
Some babies are just more fussy & demanding then others. This is why we can't ever compare ourselves to anyone else.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics