Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Spinoff cosleeping - no intimacy!
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother
Hydrangea

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 12:48 pm
amother OP wrote:
He weighs about 20 lb but is long and started figuring out how to wiggle out of swing straps months ago 🤦‍♀️

I do eat dairy but read that that doesn't cause CMP. I tried eliminating it from my diet a while ago and didn't see any difference so I stopped making myself crazy because I need to eat.

Don't listen to what you read. My baby has been to a GI doctor so I trust her more than a random book you read...

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 2:17 pm
amother Aconite wrote:
Same bed is forbidden actually

Not if they’re at the head of the bed and you are touching them.

dena613

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 7:34 pm
amother Bisque wrote:
1) I cosleep. We have two beds. Baby sleeps on my bed, against the wall.
Dh and I dtd on the other bed.

2) There are halachos of until what age you can dtd with baby in room (or maybe on same bed)- I think until they can talk. Ill try to look it up

I looked it up Very Happy
Sefer Pischei Tohar
Hameshamesh mitaso al mitah shetinok yashen aleh oso tinok yihye nechfeh (sug choleh). Velo amran ela delo higiya legil shanah aval higiya legil shanah leis lan beh. Vechein im sam yado alav oh sheshochev lead rosho velo leyad raglo leis lan beh.
(Samech tes" zayin)

Goldie613

Post Fri, Apr 05 2024, 4:18 am
Really quick thought, apologies if someone else has already suggested this -

Have you tried putting your little one down somewhere else (stroller, crib, another mattress, whatever) with something of yours next to the baby? Think the pillowcase you used the night before, the nightgown you just took off - that sort of thing. Basically, I am wondering if it's your bed the baby is after or your scent , because if it's your scent you may be able to loophole things by leaving things of yours next to the baby.

amother
Bronze

Post Fri, Apr 05 2024, 10:12 am
amother OP wrote:
He weighs about 20 lb but is long and started figuring out how to wiggle out of swing straps months ago 🤦‍♀️

I do eat dairy but read that that doesn't cause CMP. I tried eliminating it from my diet a while ago and didn't see any difference so I stopped making myself crazy because I need to eat.

That statement is false

amother
Bone

Post Fri, Apr 05 2024, 12:17 pm
This sounds both unhealthy and unsafe.

I'm unsure why you can't start sleep training the baby to sleep on their own? You will hear crying and it will be hard. But whoever said parenting is easy?

amother
Raspberry

Post Fri, Apr 05 2024, 12:28 pm
amother Bone wrote:
This sounds both unhealthy and unsafe.

I'm unsure why you can't start sleep training the baby to sleep on their own? You will hear crying and it will be hard. But whoever said parenting is easy?

Many mothers (myself included) are fundamentally against sleep training. I would rather give up my time and energy for the amount of time it takes for my child to be developmentally ready to sleep on his own without the crying. And yes, my husband is on the same page. We factor this in before we decide to have our kids. We go into this know that parenting will be hard and require sacrifice.
ETA, there are babies who are untrainable. They are not robots.

amother
Gardenia

Post Fri, Apr 05 2024, 12:43 pm
amother Raspberry wrote:
Many mothers (myself included) are fundamentally against sleep training. I would rather give up my time and energy for the amount of time it takes for my child to be developmentally ready to sleep on his own without the crying. And yes, my husband is on the same page. We factor this in before we decide to have our kids. We go into this know that parenting will be hard and require sacrifice.
ETA, there are babies who are untrainable. They are not robots.

Couldn’t agree more.

amother
Rainbow

Post Fri, Apr 05 2024, 2:14 pm
amother OP wrote:
Can you share where your someone excellent is located?

Monsey
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics