Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Yeled ABA Summer program

newinbp

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 12:01 pm
Hi,
I was recommended to send my 3.5 year old to Yeled’a summer aba program in Boro park. I would really love to hear from others who have sent there, send now, worked there, and/or anyone who knows about or has experience with this program. I really appreciate it, feel free to post or PM.
Her other options are a regular chassidish summer Daycamp in the nursery class, or maybe staying home? We would want to continue with their fall program too iyh
Any and all feedback would be helpful thank you all

newinbp

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 12:29 pm
Bump

newinbp

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 9:13 pm
Bumping for evening crowd thanks!

amother
Crimson

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 9:57 pm
do yu need a diagnosis to qualify ?
whats contact info?
I have a behavioral child and I need help

amother
Raspberry

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 10:11 pm
I don't know about the summer program but the aba program at yelled vyalada during the school year is very ridged and 1:1 based. Hardly any group time. Therefore causing the child to have major social delays. Inquire exactly how the summer program works and if you want your child to have 1:1 all day.

amother
Raspberry

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 10:12 pm
It's usually only for 6 weeks.

amother
Impatiens

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 11:07 pm
amother Raspberry wrote:
I don't know about the summer program but the aba program at yelled vyalada during the school year is very ridged and 1:1 based. Hardly any group time. Therefore causing the child to have major social delays. Inquire exactly how the summer program works and if you want your child to have 1:1 all day.

I work in YVY in canarsie. the children receiving aba therapy all have individualized programs. some kids are in the regular classes for much of the day and some for less. they also have social groups. it really depends on the child and his level.
I don't do ABA , I do regular seit, but I am impressed with the program.

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Apr 03 2024, 7:29 am
Does anyone have contact info ???
Does child need diagnosis ???

amother
Raspberry

Post Wed, Apr 03 2024, 7:47 am
amother Impatiens wrote:
I work in YVY in canarsie. the children receiving aba therapy all have individualized programs. some kids are in the regular classes for much of the day and some for less. they also have social groups. it really depends on the child and his level.
I don't do ABA , I do regular seit, but I am impressed with the program.

In the BP location my child was never part of any class just 1:1 all day in a little cubicle. I was miserable for him, I took him out after 1 year... and he developed major social skills issues due to this. But I guess experiences may vary....

newinbp

Post Wed, Apr 03 2024, 9:46 am
Hmm thanks for all your input. I thought I heard the summer stresses social groups specifically, how would I find out more about how much 1:1 time vs social is offered?

Amother raspberry how did u know your child was mostly 1:1 did you pop in during the day or were they transparent with you?
Thanks!

amother
Raspberry

Post Wed, Apr 03 2024, 9:52 am
newinbp wrote:
Hmm thanks for all your input. I thought I heard the summer stresses social groups specifically, how would I find out more about how much 1:1 time vs social is offered?

Amother raspberry how did u know your child was mostly 1:1 did you pop in during the day or were they transparent with you?
Thanks!

Again this was not the summer program this was during the yr in the aba program
Yes I popped in to "visit" during the day, and they were transparent with me... that my perfectly OK child (who did well in a group setting elsewhere) can't be in a reg classroom even with a shadow.. so I don't know. I think they made more money like that... like he was enrolled in headstart, but didn't use that service. And they made money from that and from the aba therapy.
But again the summer program can be more group based... ask them directly

newinbp

Post Fri, Apr 05 2024, 12:11 am
Wow ok thank you so much for sharing your experience. I really appreciate hearing first hand. Thank you all, anyone else who wants to chime in as well very much appreciated. Good shabbos!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics