Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Do you have matching spice jars?
Previous  1  2

essie14

Post Wed, Apr 03 2024, 6:28 am
amother Mulberry wrote:
Yes, it was such a game changer for me I can’t believe I didn’t do it sooner. I organized them all in a drawer and find what I need right away

The ones I bought are 4oz, and I keep extra spices in my pantry so I can refill when necessary

Same! After I switched I thought, I should have done this years ago. Total game changer.
I have these
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....ss_tl

realtalk

Post Wed, Apr 03 2024, 6:28 am
I have 6oz ones and I love it. I bought because I don't have any cabinet space whatsoever for spices and wanted to mount it on my wall. It's alphabetized and probably the most organized place in my house. I only refill maybe once a month (I keep iodized salt for adding to boiling water in it's container) and keep extras in an airtight container on the bottom of my pantry

happyone

Post Wed, Apr 03 2024, 7:19 am
Yes! 6 oz and love it. First of month a do a review which need refills. Makes me feel like I have it together.Smile

singleagain

Post Wed, Apr 03 2024, 7:24 am
Never used.. but seen magnetized spice containers which might help if you're short on space... They hang on refrigerators.

amother
Latte

Post Wed, Apr 03 2024, 8:13 am
chanatron1000 wrote:
I use a lot of black pepper. A lot.

I have a glass jar of black pepper, but I only use it for shabbos. For during the week, I only use fresh ground and I have a grinder
On a separate shelf from my glass jars (which are on 3 acrylic lazy susans) is the large containers of salt, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, sea salt, and my pepper grinder. Those are things I go through really fast

amother
Latte

Post Wed, Apr 03 2024, 8:14 am
essie14 wrote:
Same! After I switched I thought, I should have done this years ago. Total game changer.
I have these
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....ss_tl

I have the same ones, but with black circle stickers

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Apr 03 2024, 8:21 am
Is it a game changer only for those who keep spices in a drawer? I use lazy Susan’s I can’t imagine what I’m missing. Can someone fill me in?

amother
Latte

Post Wed, Apr 03 2024, 9:12 am
amother Vermilion wrote:
Is it a game changer only for those who keep spices in a drawer? I use lazy Susan’s I can’t imagine what I’m missing. Can someone fill me in?

I use lazy Susans. It’s aesthetically pleasing, it fits easily and it’s much much neater. I switched them over 5 years ago at least and can’t even imagine not

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, Apr 03 2024, 1:53 pm
Can anyone share the containers you use for sugar, cocoa, and stuff like that?
Maybe pasta?

baked ziti

Post Wed, Apr 03 2024, 2:00 pm
I loved the way my cabinet looked with the spice jars but had some issues that ultimately made me give up on them:
Firstly, they have a screw cap, which means that I can't open or close them with one hand. If you have a baby, you get me.
Secondly, they were a pain to refill. When I wanted to wash them they took time to completely dry. The labels also would curl up.
Thirdly, I had to devote a shelf for overflow spices. That is because I had 4 oz jars.

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Apr 03 2024, 11:01 pm
amother OP wrote:
I’ve always wondered how it’s practical to keep spices in the freezer. Do you have room? And isn’t it a pain to keep opening the freezer to take them? And is it close by to your stove top?

Yeah I dont have the space to put spices pasta nuts and last years matza in my freezer lol

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Apr 03 2024, 11:13 pm
I do.

It takes almost no upkeep and is wonderful.

Much much easier than all the random size jars I used to have and could never find.

The initial setup takes a little time but very easy to maintain.

Whatever they recommend on amazon is good. I think I got the 40 jar set. Basic size. And a shelf thing to store them on.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics