Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Frum books for preteen

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 10:21 am
I have an avid reader but I don’t want to take her to the public library (much to her chagrin) because at her reading level, I just can’t find books we would find acceptable.
She started reading my adult Jewish novels. While not inappropriate, obviously, I don’t think a 10-13 year old needs to be reading stories about shidduchim and marriage and topics like that. Can anyone recommend Jewish authors or series or specific books that would be good for her? She’s above the level of 23 under 1 roof and doesn’t read BY Times. She recently read Hidden and the Captives and enjoyed them but needed me to cajole her to read them because she’d prefer more contemporary settings. She also loves animal and fantasy.

amother
Navyblue

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 10:23 am
Avner gold, Libby lezewnik, Eva vogiel

amother
Winterberry

Post Wed, Apr 03 2024, 10:01 pm
Dina Neuman's books are great for that age. Fresh and entertaining. Eureka, Meet the Milsteins...

If she likes contemporary Fantasy you can try the new Trepid series that came out recently. The last installment was just released. The Betrayel series is great for that age too, if she can handle the thicker, longer books.

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Apr 03 2024, 10:07 pm
She might also like Meir Uri Gottesman. There's a shidduch in Morning Star but it doesn't overtake the book.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room