Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Tongue Tie

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 03 2024, 8:43 am
Baby seems to be latching fine and eating well but has reflux. I was told he has a tongue tie. He is already 3 months old. I heard people having such bad experiences with snipping/laser at this age which is why I’m hesitant.
My older son had tongue tie also, we never snipped. He didn’t breastfeed and nothing else seems to be affected by it. Speech is perfect, only had one cavity…

Anyone had an easy time snipping for an older newborn? Would appreciate to hear bad and good experiences so I can make my decision!

stillnewlywed

Post Wed, Apr 03 2024, 8:58 am
We did it around 12 weeks old, no issues

BusyBoys

Post Wed, Apr 03 2024, 9:06 am
Did at 13 weeks. Best thing I could’ve done for him. I went to private pay doctor in manhattan. She cut with scissors, no bleeding. He was cranky for next 3 days but so much more content, eating better etc..

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Wed, Apr 03 2024, 9:08 am
14 weeks, no issues. We had it lasered with dr Siegal. Craniosacral therapy before and after.

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Apr 03 2024, 9:20 am
We did 2 kids with Dr. Siegel, one at 4 months and one at 5 months. I don't think your baby is too old. We had great results both times bh. I do think for best results, it's a good idea to follow up with lactation consultant after ward. Also craniosacral therapy both before and after is very helpful. They had terrible reflux and were not great sleepers before but became much happier babies after. They both nursed happily until around 1.5yrs old. They are 3 and 5 years old now and no issues with it.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 03 2024, 9:24 am
Thanks for all replies. Where is Dr. seigal? Does anyone have his contact?

Jalapeño

Post Wed, Apr 03 2024, 9:28 am
how does tongue tie affect reflux?

doodlesmom

Post Wed, Apr 03 2024, 9:46 am
Op just making aware from my own experience, I had a few kids with tongue tie, some more than others, and was told if they’re happy, patch well and eat well I shouldn’t touch it.
Fast forward 10 years and their pallets are very now and need to be expanded because their tongue never touched the roof of their mouth (which over the years automatically expands the pallet) and I just ended up snipping my 12 year olds tongue tie…

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, Apr 03 2024, 11:10 am
the tongue tie and reflux could be related. I would see a lactation consultant knowledgeable in tongue tie for an opinion if she thinks it needs to be snipped, as well as craniosacral therapy as mentioned above. Babies do better with the release if they have CST
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics