Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Plus Size Fashion- Safe Haven
Complicated clothing size

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 12:07 am
I'm making a simcha soon and need to do some shopping.
I'm struggling with two items, that I can't find in the size I need.
I need full plus size clothing but for petite, as I'm quite short.

Hosiery.
As the sizes go up, so do the lengths of the tights. Anyone knows of a plus size tights that runs very short?

Also, underwear is quite a challenge. To be specific, I'm looking for underwire, 46-48B. If anyone knows where I can find such a size, please let me know.

I'm getting more and more desperate. Why are these things so complicated??!

smss

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 12:10 am
Try snagtights.us for hosiery and breakoutbras.com for bras. Breakout bras has great customer service, if you're having trouble finding what you need email them, they've always given me good recommendations.

amother
Holly

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 1:09 am
Are you a 46B or 48B? If the former, the next sister size down is 44C, if the latter, the next sister size down is 46C. Sometimes you have to settle for a sister size. If you the smaller band doesn't fit, you can get an extender. Extenders aren't ideal because they change the strap placement, but it is better than nothing, and if you're willing to get alterations done, you can get the straps moved as well. As for recommendations, I like the Vanity Fair Beauty Back underwire bra, which for some reason is more popular in the wirefree version, but I only like the underwire one. (Also, are you absolutely sure of your bra size? Because most women aren't. You may find that if you do a full "scoop and swoop" when putting on your bra, you might fit into a different size better.)

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 1:35 am
smss wrote:
Try snagtights.us for hosiery and breakoutbras.com for bras. Breakout bras has great customer service, if you're having trouble finding what you need email them, they've always given me good recommendations.

The F size is for 5-3 tall.
You think it might work for 4-11 tall?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 1:37 am
amother Holly wrote:
Are you a 46B or 48B? If the former, the next sister size down is 44C, if the latter, the next sister size down is 46C. Sometimes you have to settle for a sister size. If you the smaller band doesn't fit, you can get an extender. Extenders aren't ideal because they change the strap placement, but it is better than nothing, and if you're willing to get alterations done, you can get the straps moved as well. As for recommendations, I like the Vanity Fair Beauty Back underwire bra, which for some reason is more popular in the wirefree version, but I only like the underwire one. (Also, are you absolutely sure of your bra size? Because most women aren't. You may find that if you do a full "scoop and swoop" when putting on your bra, you might fit into a different size better.)

I know that sister sizes work sometimes. But I definitely can't go bigger than a B. That's why I'm stuck.

Success10

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 1:42 am
If you're in Israel (as you are posting on Israeli time zone) there are bra stores that do alterations in Jerusalem. As a previous poster said, you can put an extension on the back and then have the straps moved inwards so they don't fall off. Or get a C cup and have darts put in to make the cup smaller.

amother
Holly

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 1:53 am
amother OP wrote:
I know that sister sizes work sometimes. But I definitely can't go bigger than a B. That's why I'm stuck.

Depending on your shape, switching to a different style can also change the fit. Sometimes one with less coverage fits better because there's less of it that has to be fitted - I'm not sure I'm explaining it right, but if it makes sense to you, you can try it.

What sizes have you tried? Can you go down a band size? Also, what brands have you tried? Sometimes depending on the stretch and quality, you can down a band size without an extender because the material is comfortable enough not to dig even when it's very tight.

amother
Amaryllis

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 1:58 am
amother OP wrote:
The F size is for 5-3 tall.
You think it might work for 4-11 tall?

Would the Short F fit you?

smss

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 5:48 am
amother Amaryllis wrote:
Would the Short F fit you?

Yes, for under 5'3" you'd want Short F.

amother
Lemonlime

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 6:10 am
Talbot's has a petite plus section. Check out their website.

As a relatively short person myself (I'm 5'1"), I usually shop in the regular plus stores and get things tailored afterwards.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 6:14 am
I appreciate the ideas and suggestions.
I've tried them already.

I'm looking for a name of a store or a site that has these specific clothing.

Thank you!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 5:53 am
[quote="amother Lemonlime"]Talbot's has a petite plus section. Check out their website.

Do you know of a specific item? I couldn't find any hosiery that was plus petite size.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Plus Size Fashion- Safe Haven