Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Anyone ever use a toddler bed/sling on long flight?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 6:46 pm
We have a long flight before Pesach and these look so cool on online but was wondering if anyone has any real-life experience with them? Do the airlines allow them? Are they soft? Flimsy? A pain to install?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 8:50 pm
She turned 2 recently. Any ideas of how to help her sleep/be comfortable on the long flight?

amother
Holly

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 8:53 pm
I could tell you what NOT to do which is to take her toddler carseat. Usually mine sleep well in his so we brought it and in both directions, the person in front of him on the plane reclined their seat (despite multiple requests from us and stewardesses not to because of the carseat) and his carseat was pushed up. It was awful

amother
Caramel

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 8:55 pm
I really wanted to get the Stokke jetkids but most airlines don’t allow it unfortunately. I’d just do research to double check whatever you get is approved on the airline you take

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 8:57 pm
amother Holly wrote:
I could tell you what NOT to do which is to take her toddler carseat. Usually mine sleep well in his so we brought it and in both directions, the person in front of him on the plane reclined their seat (despite multiple requests from us and stewardesses not to because of the carseat) and his carseat was pushed up. It was awful

Why couldn't you switch seats with the car seat?

amother
Holly

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 8:58 pm
Thisisnotmyreal wrote:
Why couldn't you switch seats with the car seat?

Because the stewardesses said it needed to be installed in the window seat for safety purposes so it didn't block anyone in

amother
Papayawhip

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 9:02 pm
I've used this website when flying with a baby. Haven't used the toddler one for tips yet but absolutely would because the baby one was so helpful.

https://www.flyingwithababy.co.....dler/

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 9:24 pm
amother Caramel wrote:
I really wanted to get the Stokke jetkids but most airlines don’t allow it unfortunately. I’d just do research to double check whatever you get is approved on the airline you take

Oooh this looks so cool! Wish the airline would allow it

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 9:24 pm
amother Papayawhip wrote:
I've used this website when flying with a baby. Haven't used the toddler one for tips yet but absolutely would because the baby one was so helpful.

https://www.flyingwithababy.co.....dler/

Thanks so much!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 9:25 pm
amother Holly wrote:
Mad

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 9:35 pm
I used the sling thing when I went with my kids to Israel. It easy to install just secure around the seat tray and handles
It worked very well. both my toddlers slept a few hours. It’s kind off like a hammock
This is what I got
https://a.co/d/5QD1qVa

amother
Phlox

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 9:38 pm
amother Holly wrote:

I would have taken him out of the carseat, put the carseat somewhere else, and let the toddler loose kicking the seat, reacting over and pulling hair, etc. "so sorry, the carseat doesn't fit when the seats reclined so I had to take him out. When you sit up to eat I can put him back in"
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics