Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
No baby hair before pesach??

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 12:40 pm
I thought it takes a few days. Shaitel lady doesn’t do it herself, she sends it out but she said it can’t be done before pesach.
Does it make sense?
Problem is- I just bought an expensive wig and shaitel macher told me it will look much better with baby hair added.
I can’t wear it like this.
So frustrating.

amother
Tuberose

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 12:43 pm
It is a bit late in the game.
The women that does it is most probably working till rosh chodesh & is most likely swamped with work to finish till them & can't accept new wigs.
Maybe find someone by yourself that can have it done for pesach.
Where are you located? Maybe we can give you references.

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 12:43 pm
I don’t know about a few days, when I sent mine out (random time, not busy before a Yt) it took close to 3 weeks

You can perhaps find someone who can do it sooner, if you post location you can get some recommendations. But before Pesach might be a stretch

amother
Carnation

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 12:45 pm
Babies get their food everywhere, so baby hair is potentially full of chametz. Of course it can't be fine before pesach!
LOL LOL Hiding Sunny

amother
Lightgreen

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 12:53 pm
Are you in Lakewood I have contact of the lady that does it

amother
Winterberry

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 12:55 pm
Maybe if you found someone who does it themselves and offer to pay extra to have it done in time?

Whenever they send things to someone else it always takes longer.

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 12:58 pm
Yes some places aren't taking repairs anymore before Pesach. Some are.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 12:58 pm
The thing is- I wasn’t supposed to pay for it. It was included in the price of the new wig.

happy7

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 1:03 pm
Don’t pay again. I know you want it for pesach, but it is worth waiting for the person who is going to stand behind the work, which is YOUR shaitel macher. She is your broker/agent.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 1:05 pm
So why did I buy it before pesach??
Honestly I thought I remembered that it takes just a few days for adding hair.

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 1:06 pm
amother OP wrote:
The thing is- I wasn’t supposed to pay for it. It was included in the price of the new wig.

Ok so you will wait and get it done after

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 1:08 pm
amother OP wrote:

In that case you’re probably stuck. You can ask her if you use xyz lady to do it before pesach if she’ll be the one to send it and it will still be included

Personally if I’m buying a new wig before Pesach I don’t buy unless I get a guarantee that they will have it 100% ready all repairs etc beforehand. But unless they’re doing it themselves realistically it’s near impossible unless you buy far along in advance, because YT is the busiest times and they can’t control outside repairs

amother
Hosta

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 1:48 pm
amother OP wrote:
So why did I buy it before pesach??
Honestly I thought I remembered that it takes just a few days for adding hair.

When my wig repair person told me my shaitel will take three weeks to finish. She explained that it does not take 3 weeks to make the repair it's where I fall in the Que. She has a lot of work and there is kind of a line of people before me and that's why it will take 3 weeks.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels