Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Help! My kids room smells like pee!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 8:38 am
Anyone have ideas on how to help? I have one child who has a lot of accidents and they have carpet in their room. It is so embarrassing and gross!
I'm cleaning their room for peach today so I thought it would be a good time to try to get out the smell.

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 8:41 am
You might need to rip out the carpet.

It probably soaked through to the padding

Have you tried a carpet cleaning company Do the mattresses need cleaning

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 8:44 am
amother Whitesmoke wrote:
You might need to rip out the carpet.

It probably soaked through to the padding

Have you tried a carpet cleaning company Do the mattresses need cleaning

No I haven't had a cleaning company, but have used a personal carpet cleaner. I hate the carpet and would love to rip it out, but that isn't happening before pesach!

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 8:47 am
amother OP wrote:
No I haven't had a cleaning company, but have used a personal carpet cleaner. I hate the carpet and would love to rip it out, but that isn't happening before pesach!

I dont know how much it costs
But I would remove all the furniture and get a carpet cleaning company to clean the carpet and mattresses

Wash the walls with white vinegar and water
And open the windows

mha3484

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 8:51 am
When I removed my carpet the smell of my whole house improved 1000%. Highly recommend doing it if you can.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 8:52 am
Any recommendations that don't require removing the carpet for the time being?

amother
Petunia

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 8:54 am
I dont know if this will help after everything is already dried on to the carpet, but baking soda absorbs odors. You can try leaving it on the part that smells for a few days and then just vacuum it up, but I really think it only works when its not dried into it yet.

Highstrung

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 8:55 am
amother OP wrote:
Any recommendations that don't require removing the carpet for the time being?

Carport shampooing. My mother had this done every year before Pesach. It made a huge difference

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 9:07 am
We had a new dog that wasn't outdoor trained and my friend highly recommended this:

https://www.amazon.com/BISSELL.....GWM2B

I never ended up getting it because our dog trained quickly, but my friend said that their dog had accidents and it made their life way easier. I'm not really sure it would be a huge help for something that already set in though, but maybe for the future.

I'm assuming you're already addressing the root of the issue with the pediatrician. It sounds tough.

amother
Tanzanite

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 10:24 am
I have multiple dogs and until recently lived somewhere that was 90% carpet

I’ve been using a Bissell carpet cleaner (they have many different ones, all good) for years and am really really happy with it, I never had a problem with smells or stains BH

If it’s so set in though it might not be enough to fix, and your only solution would be to rip out carpet. You can DIY it and replace with laminate/vinyl floors, it really wouldn’t be too expensive

But if you want to first try to salvage the carpet I recommend trying the Bissell, they’re made with pet stains in mind and kind of like commercial products made for residential use

amother
Hyssop

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 10:34 am
Is the smell in the mattress? If so you have to deal with that.

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 10:40 am
Try this

https://www.target.com/p/cloro.....50825
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry