Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
I want my $40,000 a month paycheck back…
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 4:03 pm
amother NeonGreen wrote:
Plenty of corporate jobs make those salaries, in management or high skill fields like software development.

Not really. Those that make those salaries are "management " as in related to the boss, or they are quasi or real part owners in that they are doing owner level management. I see salaries, and salaried workers really max out at 300 to 350k. To go above 400k you really need to do the above.

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 4:24 pm
amother Bluebonnet wrote:
Not really. Those that make those salaries are "management " as in related to the boss, or they are quasi or real part owners in that they are doing owner level management. I see salaries, and salaried workers really max out at 300 to 350k. To go above 400k you really need to do the above.

By corporate, I mean corporate America. Salaried employees high enough in management in corporate America absolutely make those numbers in total comp. Not straight up salary, but with bonus and stock shares. I have firsthand experience. Is it easy to become that senior? No. But it's not easy to make that much money in any field.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 4:41 pm
giftedmom wrote:
Real estate is also suffering right now. I know more than one big name that is struggling with cash flow.

I was thinking of getting into real estate. What’s going on?

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 4:45 pm
amother Aquamarine wrote:
I was thinking of getting into real estate. What’s going on?

Interest rates are high.

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 4:52 pm
amother Tiffanyblue wrote:
By corporate, I mean corporate America. Salaried employees high enough in management in corporate America absolutely make those numbers in total comp. Not straight up salary, but with bonus and stock shares. I have firsthand experience. Is it easy to become that senior? No. But it's not easy to make that much money in any field.

It’s really hard to climb though. Especially with all the layoffs at the big companies.

amother
Currant

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 5:51 pm
amother Tiffanyblue wrote:

Making partner at Goldman Sachs or similar where you make that kind of money requires punishing hours for years to rise through the ranks. Think 80-90 hours per week!

You are basically sacrificing your life and family for your career and big bucks.

amother
NeonGreen

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 5:55 pm
amother Bluebonnet wrote:

Yes really. I know this for a fact. You are thinking of small heimish businesses and I am talking about large corporations in finance or high tech.

amother
Pistachio

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 6:03 pm
amother Currant wrote:
Making partner at Goldman Sachs or similar where you make that kind of money requires punishing hours for years to rise through the ranks. Think 80-90 hours per week!

You are basically sacrificing your life and family for your career and big bucks.

The people in my life who are making a million a year did sacrifice a lot for a number of years! Now they reap the rewards with high income and lots of vacation days, when you get high enough in the company you can do that

amother
Currant

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 6:46 pm
amother Pistachio wrote:
The people in my life who are making a million a year did sacrifice a lot for a number of years! Now they reap the rewards with high income and lots of vacation days, when you get high enough in the company you can do that

I’m familiar with some of these people. 1-1.5 million annual and more with bonuses. Takes 10 years or more of 60-80 hour plus weeks to make partner. Then you settle down to 55-60 hours per week by delegating.

The stress is enormous. The sacrifice is your family. You made partner and lots of money but it’s really lonely. You’ve missed so much family times, milestones, plays, just being there for your kids. All the money and vacation spent later in life can’t buy them back. Not recommended.

amother
Apple

Post Sun, Apr 21 2024, 11:41 pm
Plonis bas Plonis wrote:

Please don't nitpick her title and her post...
She wants to at least get by and would also really like her old salary back!!
They are both such valid feelings!
OP I hope you will get back to earning what you were originally plus more!!!
Page 8 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 Recent Topics