Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
RBS - Problems?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

Bnei Berak 10

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 8:53 am
amother Firebrick wrote:
Don't forget Netzach and all the different flavored boy schools that cater to almost every mix and match of american, yeshivish and modern flavor.

@gray, the boom of schools here just shows that this community is vibrant and growing. Nobody needs to feel second or out of place place in the Israeli society anymore. We are already showing THEM how things should be done and many Israelis are begging to get into these schools for this reason. No wonder this is the fastest growing city in all of Israel.

Israelis wanting to get in to olim's schools? Now that is a huuuuge compliment! Smile

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 9:09 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
Israelis wanting to get in to olim's schools? Now that is a huuuuge compliment! Smile

Yes, and its actually tough to get into certain schools. As a potential Oleh, keep that in mind.
The good schools fill up fast, RBS is no longer what it used to be. These schools are really tops.

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 9:30 am
amother Firebrick wrote:
Yes, and its actually tough to get into certain schools. As a potential Oleh, keep that in mind.
The good schools fill up fast, RBS is no longer what it used to be. These schools are really tops.

Yes this.
Netzach and Magen Avot are half Israeli! It's no longer just for Americans.

amother
Lotus

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 11:09 am
amother Gray wrote:
It's just how it is. RBS was built by people who didn't like the Israeli system and said we are going to make a place like the USA and didn't do it with any daas Torah.

I know this thread is old, but it was bumped.
I dont know if this posted is here, but this sentence really bothered me.
RBS was not originally built for charedim.
Ot had nothing to do with immigrants at all. Or america specifically.
RBS was originally built up as cheap housing. It was supposed to have all walks of jewish life there.
So im not sure where you got this incorrect information from.
But this post bothered me.

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 11:36 am
amother Lotus wrote:
I know this thread is old, but it was bumped.
I dont know if this posted is here, but this sentence really bothered me.
RBS was not originally built for charedim.
Ot had nothing to do with immigrants at all. Or america specifically.
RBS was originally built up as cheap housing. It was supposed to have all walks of jewish life there.
So im not sure where you got this incorrect information from.
But this post bothered me.

Seriously.
Rbs was originally planned for Israelis. Mostly secular and DL. Nothing to do with olim. And why would daas torah be consulted by the housing authority of Israel?

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 12:03 pm
amother Ghostwhite wrote:
Yes this.
Netzach and Magen Avot are half Israeli! It's no longer just for Americans.

Who don't share American values. It's just not as good anymore.

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 12:09 pm
amother Gray wrote:
Who don't share American values. It's just not as good anymore.

I disagree. The Israelis in my daughter's class at MA were lovely people. No, I didn't always connect culturally but they were really nice and also didn't mock or judge me for being an olah. You obviously have a bad taste in your mouth from your experience and feel the need to judge others for whatever reason that they must be X. But I know people who grew up in rbs, went to Magen avot and they are happy and healthy ppl. Some married Israelis, some American Israelis and some olim. If you're sending to MA you're obviously checking the charedi box but you simply can't deal with the intense rules of by Harama. Better be true to yourself and live with integrity than lie about having a smartphone so your kids get into school. People who are healthy raise healthy children.

amother
Lotus

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 12:14 pm
Im confused. I lived in rbs 20 years ago. Left after a few years, but never heard of any schools that only took olim. Is that something newish?
I heard of schools that were more helpful to olim, but only for olim?
How is that helpful to anyone?

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 1:29 pm
amother Lotus wrote:
Im confused. I lived in rbs 20 years ago. Left after a few years, but never heard of any schools that only took olim. Is that something newish?
I heard of schools that were more helpful to olim, but only for olim?
How is that helpful to anyone?

No idea. No school only takes olim in rbs!

elusivity

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 2:44 pm
amother Blue wrote:
Mishkafayim is only 3 years old, but I know MANY adults who came on Aliyah as children, from yeshivish families, and they are perfectly religious and well adjusted.

I know a family who moved to RBS with well-adjusted, balanced kids who were happy with their level of frumness. Now one is wearing pants, one wants a smartphone (she would never have dreamed of it in their old city) and the rest of the kids are also way more exposed than the parents wanted
It's only one story but they're mainstream and pretty typical - if it could happen to them it could happen to anyone

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 2:58 pm
elusivity wrote:
I know a family who moved to RBS with well-adjusted, balanced kids who were happy with their level of frumness. Now one is wearing pants, one wants a smartphone (she would never have dreamed of it in their old city) and the rest of the kids are also way more exposed than the parents wanted
It's only one story but they're mainstream and pretty typical - if it could happen to them it could happen to anyone

Who is to say this wouldn't of happened otherwise? And why are the parents exposing them to these things? No students in the Anglo charedi schools are allowed to have smartphones (I know some pnei chen girls have but its very hush hush and very very filtered) or wear pants. 🤔

amother
Lotus

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 3:22 pm
elusivity wrote:

But this is one story. You have no idea why those children went off or changed or are more exposed. There are so many factors that it does not have to be ONLY because they moved to rbs.

I say that while knowing families who all the children stayed frum and yashar and other families where all but one child went off the derech.

There is no way to know why this happened and if it would have happened any other place they would have lived.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 3:34 pm
Bet Shemesh was originally founded in the 50's as a transition camp for olim (maabara)

amother
Lotus

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 3:43 pm
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
Bet Shemesh was originally founded in the 50's as a transition camp for olim (maabara)

Right, but ramat BS was founded or was starting to be built in the late 90s. And not for olim. But as I mentioned above, as cheap housing for everyone.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions