Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Mishloach manos for your husband...advice from recent widow
Previous  1  2

amother
Latte

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 4:42 am
amother OP wrote:
You are certainly a great wife preparing 3 nice meal for your husband on purim.
Reading posts here and hearing from people irl, I realized that a lot of people don't have time on this hectic day to sit down for a proper breakfast and others don't have a meal until late afternoon (there was another thread about people haveng 1 or 2 meals). Breakfast seems to be a skipped meal or grab and go for the car on Purim.
Of course, everyone does what works for them. Everyone has a different love language ect. It was something I never heard or thought of before so I shared.

OP, thank you for sharing! Imamother is a huge and and diverse forum, and we don't usually get to hear what has touched and inspired other members, unless they actually tell us! How beautiful that there will be women out there who DO want to do this...and because of you x

lamplighter

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 10:19 am
I will not be wrapping a MM for my husband but I will try and make a nice breakfast Purim morning. Thanks for the inspiration.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Mar 23 2024, 10:24 pm
I told my friend that women here were inspired by her to prepare a nice breakfast for their husbands ( wrapped or displayed on the table). She was very touched by it and she said that this gives her the Koach to face her first Purim alone with her children (oldest is a teen yougest under a year) without her husband.

Here is a woman who lost her husband and she isn't jealous of other wome, instead she shares her tips on how we can bring more shalom bayis into our own home. May this Purim bring a lot of simcha into our hearts and homes.

Busybee5

Post Sat, Mar 23 2024, 10:26 pm
amother OP wrote:
I told my friend that women here were inspired by her to prepare a nice breakfast for their husbands ( wrapped or displayed on the table). She was very touched by it and she said that this gives her the Koach to face her first Purim alone with her children (oldest is a teen yougest under a year) without her husband.

Here is a woman who lost her husband and she isn't jealous of other wome, instead she shares her tips on how we can bring more shalom bayis into our own home. May this Purim bring a lot of simcha into our hearts and homes.

Your friend sounds so so special! May she have a nachama.

My 2 cents

Post Sun, Mar 24 2024, 3:45 am
amother OP wrote:

Amein! Thank you for sharing. Hashem should give her lots of koach. She sounds like a special person.

amother
Poppy

Post Sun, Mar 24 2024, 1:02 pm
Thank you for the inspiration. I wrapped a beautiful breakfast mm for dh. He was so touched and really appreciated it. And ate it Smile

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Sun, Mar 24 2024, 2:47 pm
Lovely idea!

OP, if your friend would be interested in connecting with me, our youngest is turning 11. My husband was niftar shortly before Rosh Hashana in an accident, she can text or WhatsApp me 410-963-1362. I’m inspired by her!

¡ɯıɹnd ʎddɐɥ ʎɹǝʌ ɐ noʎ ƃuıɥsıʍ ¡ɯıɹnd uǝɥɔılıǝɹɟ ɐ

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 24 2024, 3:04 pm
TranquilityAndPeace wrote:
Lovely idea!

OP, if your friend would be interested in connecting with me, our youngest is turning 11. My husband was niftar shortly before Rosh Hashana in an accident, she can text or WhatsApp me 410-963-1362. I’m inspired by her!

¡ɯıɹnd ʎddɐɥ ʎɹǝʌ ɐ noʎ ƃuıɥsıʍ ¡ɯıɹnd uǝɥɔılıǝɹɟ ɐ

Sending you hugs 🫂 you are very generous, I will let her know. May we meet Moshiach and all of our loved, who now live in our hearts, very soon.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics