Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Kids want but I can’t afford
  Previous  1  2  3  10  11  12

LeMortedeLilac

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 4:43 pm
amother Crocus wrote:
Do you want to post your name I would love to daven for you too. Refuah shelaima!

Very kind of you! I don't want to derail OP's thread so feel free to PM me and I'll share my name. A freilichin purim!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 4:44 pm
LeMortedeLilac wrote:
OP, I'm posting under my screen name. I didn't read the whole thread but as someone who feels beyond blessed to be able to buy my teenage daughter whatever clothes she wants, I want to pay it forward and share some purim gelt with you so you can buy your precious, hardworking daughter something nice as a reward for trying so hard. All I ask is that you include my name in your tefillos, when you can. I can really use a refuah. I've been sick with cancer for a long time and bh, money isn't my worry. It's health. So let's trade. Please daven for me a little and I'll send you some money to spoil your amazing sounding daughter. No pressure though! We can all use some extra brachos and kavana right around now so let's try and get there together ❤️

I would daven for you not money related at all. Do you want to share your name here so we can all daven for you?

LeMortedeLilac

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 4:47 pm
amother OP wrote:
I would daven for you not money related at all. Do you want to share your name here so we can all daven for you?

How generous of you! It's Chaya Rochel bas Pesha Raza. Please feel free to PM me anyway. I'd love to help you buy something special for your daughter. She sounds like such a good girl and you seem like a loving, hardworking mom.

Busybee5

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 4:56 pm
https://www.temu.com/goods.htm.....10070

This dress is adorable! Be aware that it runs very small so size up by at least one size. I need to return the one I bought because it's way too short. They don't have it in bigger Sad

amother
Burntblack

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 12:03 am
op. my dd is size c7 floafers ordered red ones by mistake in a size woman's 7!
its brand new in box would you be interested?

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 1:30 am
amother Butterscotch wrote:
Op, you can sign up at www.prolific.com to take surveys. I’ve been on the site since November and have earned around $200 a month. That’s enough to buy several floafers full price.

Prolific does have a wait list so if you don’t get in within a few days, cloud connect research is another survey site you can try. I believe water girl has been using it for a while and had a good experience.

There’s a place for having emunah and bitachon but when your children are suffering and you are in debt that will be hugely multiplying now that 0% balance transfers are not an option, imho that time is long over. You can check with your Rav.

Not trying to derail anything, but I'm curious - how do you know which survey sites are legit and which are less than safe?

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 1:45 am
OP, in terms of your daughter spending money on clothes, our rule for a lot of kids' stuff over the years is we will cover the basics, and they cover the "extras". Sometimes the extras mean an extra book, outfit, toy, etc, sometimes extra means the fancier or name brand item. In this case, it would mean saying to her that you can cover a basic yom tov outfit from a regular price store. If she wants the "extra" of the fancy store, then it is up to her to cover the difference. This is assuming you can afford a new outfit at all. If you can't, there were plenty of years we defaulted to extra headbands, hair clips, etc.

I am not familiar with the store you are discussing, or its prices, but do they have something simpler than a dress, so she can feel she got something from there? A sweater, a cute bracelet, something small that she could maybe afford on her own before Pesach?

One last point - I would not put shoes on sale in the same category as a dress from a fancy store. If she already had shoes that would last for the foreseeable future it would be one thing, but if you know you are going to have to buy her a new pair sooner than later anyway, then I would grab it on sale now rather than quite possibly having to spend more later.

Sending you hugs and hoping that things get better for you soon!

Hug

amother
Butterscotch

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 3:42 am
amother Tangerine wrote:
Not trying to derail anything, but I'm curious - how do you know which survey sites are legit and which are less than safe?

Reddit is my favorite research tool for this. Theres a subreddit called r/beermoney that has a running list of reliable survey sites. Prolific also has its own subreddit filled with people having good experiences on the site, although tech issues do come up a lot on there.

In beer money they also do monthly threads where people post the sites they earned money on, I looked through that and saw many people making over $100 a month on prolific, that’s what convinced me to sign up. There are a few other good sites too but if you just go based off google search results and don’t research on Reddit, you’ll likely end up getting paid very little for the surveys you complete. Most sites are very low paying.

I’m not sure what you mean by safe though. Safe as in not selling your data? They’re paying you to do that, at least the data you provide in surveys/studies. Safe as in paying decently and reliably - Reddit is the way to check for that.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 9:40 am
amother Burntblack wrote:
op. my dd is size c7 floafers ordered red ones by mistake in a size woman's 7!
its brand new in box would you be interested?

That’s so nice of you. Maybe… would a 12 year old girl wear red floafers? I’m not sure I don’t want to take and then she doesn’t like them let me ask her.

The size I need most is actually also a c7 and by the time I got to it on the sale they were out. I imagine they’ll run another sale before the summer hoping they’ll have then…

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 9:40 am
amother Tangerine wrote:
OP, in terms of your daughter spending money on clothes, our rule for a lot of kids' stuff over the years is we will cover the basics, and they cover the "extras". Sometimes the extras mean an extra book, outfit, toy, etc, sometimes extra means the fancier or name brand item. In this case, it would mean saying to her that you can cover a basic yom tov outfit from a regular price store. If she wants the "extra" of the fancy store, then it is up to her to cover the difference. This is assuming you can afford a new outfit at all. If you can't, there were plenty of years we defaulted to extra headbands, hair clips, etc.

I am not familiar with the store you are discussing, or its prices, but do they have something simpler than a dress, so she can feel she got something from there? A sweater, a cute bracelet, something small that she could maybe afford on her own before Pesach?

One last point - I would not put shoes on sale in the same category as a dress from a fancy store. If she already had shoes that would last for the foreseeable future it would be one thing, but if you know you are going to have to buy her a new pair sooner than later anyway, then I would grab it on sale now rather than quite possibly having to spend more later.

Sending you hugs and hoping that things get better for you soon!

Hug

Thanks!!!

amother
Burntblack

Post Tue, Mar 19 2024, 4:20 pm
amother OP wrote:
That’s so nice of you. Maybe… would a 12 year old girl wear red floafers? I’m not sure I don’t want to take and then she doesn’t like them let me ask her.

The size I need most is actually also a c7 and by the time I got to it on the sale they were out. I imagine they’ll run another sale before the summer hoping they’ll have then…

so let me know if she want red its this color

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CR.....tails

Last edited by amother on Thu, Apr 18 2024, 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 20 2024, 6:29 am
momsss wrote:
so let me know if she want red its this color

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CR.....tails

That’s a gorgeous color. I’d put it on my kids, But she’s a very conservative dresser so I don’t think it’s gonna fly with her. I really appreciate the offer and Hashem should vent h you for your chesssed
Page 12 of 12   Previous  1  2  3  10  11  12 Recent Topics