Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Okachobee
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Sat, Mar 09 2024, 8:53 pm
I love how you expressed so well in what I was thinking.

amother Navyblue wrote:
Isn't Rabbi Moskowitz on the board? He's a Chassidish Rav and all but has no issue with women driving. I think they can close shop if they're going down that route. Most normal men and women are not OK with this rule and only toe the line because of their children's schools. I know a few wonderful and Erlich Chassidish families that applied but will not go if they're transferring nonsensical rules there. The driving ban by some in Monsey let's say, wasn't a planned premeditated rule, it morphed into it Moised by Moised. To actually establish this ban, which has no rhyme or reason, no sources, especially in a place like Okeechobee is self sabotage.
Personally I think they want to use this line to weed certain people out, although it's silly to use driving as the gauge. It's a necessity and that's why we drive. Technology use or dress code would be a much better indicator. There's no way that they'll have this rule. They're just trying to present themselves with a certain image. Just my humble opinion.

amother
Petunia

Post Sat, Mar 09 2024, 9:59 pm
I'm one of the people that gave a deposit and had all my interviews. At the meet up w Rabbi Moskowitz and the developer they said they will not ban women from driving. Then when it came time to meet the school board(just one person actually) we had to sign some rules which explicitly said no driving. I took it up w him and he clearly said they will not enforce the ban at all and like someone said in a previous post, they're using it weed out certain people from joining. I was upset about it, but being that I personally met w at least 50 women who are joining I feel very comfortable saying this won't be an 'in the box' community. There's alot of diversity and no farchnuks. It's very much a live and let live type of crowd.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 12:14 am
amother Petunia wrote:
I'm one of the people that gave a deposit and had all my interviews. At the meet up w Rabbi Moskowitz and the developer they said they will not ban women from driving. Then when it came time to meet the school board(just one person actually) we had to sign some rules which explicitly said no driving. I took it up w him and he clearly said they will not enforce the ban at all and like someone said in a previous post, they're using it weed out certain people from joining. I was upset about it, but being that I personally met w at least 50 women who are joining I feel very comfortable saying this won't be an 'in the box' community. There's alot of diversity and no farchnuks. It's very much a live and let live type of crowd.

Thanks for posting this!! We're seriously looking into it. I'm so happy to hear! 😀

amother
Petunia

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 12:16 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks for posting this!! We're seriously looking into it. I'm so happy to hear! 😀

You're welcome. On this other thread about Okechobee https://www.imamother.com/foru.....99311
there should be a link or email address to join the ladies groupme chat for this, but I believe you can only join the group only once you're really in and already gave deposit.

GLUE

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 5:37 pm
Here is my worthless option,

Ask them why they are putting a rule they do not intend to enforce. Is it going to be enforced in a few years? Is that why they are putting this down?
Get the answers in writing, real answers not vague words.

Here are some questions you can ask(if you are interested)make sure to get the answers in writing.

-What is the walk score number?How are you planning to get it up to 85?How many years do you think it will take?
-Are you building it under New Urbanism principles?(there not)
-Are you trying to build an assailable town?
-How many minutes will it take to walk from one end of the neighborhood to the other?
-How are you planing the pedestrian infrastructure? Are you putting in benches on corners? Shade trees?Are the sidewalks going to be build for pedestrians or for cars?What other things are you doing?

In other words have them explain in writing on how women for the most part will be able to live there without driving. If they say the word shuttle\bus remind them that the only way it can be a real alternative is if the shuttles come every 15 minutes. They also need to go to a place where people want to go.

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 5:57 pm
GLUE wrote:
Here is my worthless option,

Ask them why they are putting a rule they do not intend to enforce. Is it going to be enforced in a few years? Is that why they are putting this down?
Get the answers in writing, real answers not vague words.

I have to agree. Once you sign a paper agreeing to abide by certain policies, you have to assume that at some point it may be enforced. You never know how things change and maybe a majority of the people moving there will vote or insist it be followed. Just telling you verbally it won't be enforced is no guarantee. And once you sign, legally you've agreed to abide by it.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating