Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Guests
Is this just how it is???

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 7:29 am
Almost every time we have guests, the kids break or destroy things. I don't get it. What causes kids to break things as opposed to play with them?
I'm pretty laid back and mess is ok. I'll clean up mess no problem but I don't know how to prevent the destruction and wildness.
- we put away expensive toys or toys with little pieces.
- we have a playroom for the kids to play in.
My kids are not angels but when we are at someone's house we check up on them periodically. It seems that we are the exception not the rule.
When I expressed this to my friends they said ya it is what it is, this happens with kids.
Is there a way to prevent this?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 7:37 am
Same here! So many kids we host, end up destroying things! I lock up basically everything & leave out things that can't be destroyed.
(Lego, clicks, magna tiles, mentchies, dishes/kitchen center.....)

amother
Tomato

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 7:40 am
I either lock certain toys in a room or I sit in the playroom and supervise. If I know certain families tend to do this I just don't invite them. It's very upsetting to me kids when their toys are destroyed, and I don't blame them.

amother
Lily

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 3:10 pm
Same here!

Everytime we host, things break.

If course we lock up anything very important or expensive.

My goodness, just this shabbas my sons remote control car got smashed to pieces. Idk how, ugh

honey36

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 3:36 pm
Yup. We had guests over in the summer and the 5 y.o. ripped the screens off the windows of our outdoor playset. Every single one. I was actually kind of amused. Like, how did he even come up with that? My kids would never be so innovative LOL

amother
Lightgreen

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 3:40 pm
Yep we had guest that went into my son's crib and broke it. Of course the parents didn't care.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics